Below is a list of issues/comments that I have by using the ES400 over the past 3 weeks as my primary phone. It would be nice to know if anyone else has had the same issues.
Es400 eval issue list
1. Calls gets placed on hold when talking (ear must touch hold button). Better with ver 18 but still happens.
2. Have seen the accelerometer (change of orientation) cause the contact list to display – turning the unit off and on fixed it. Occurred in ver 16.2, have not seen it in ver 18.
3. Battery life can last all day or half day with no major changes in use.
4. Auto dim doesn’t work (back light)
5. Can’t do phone number search via contracts. Need the ability to type in the area code and first few numbers to find the number to dial.
6. Remove bump under biometric scanner (swipes up work much better than swipes down).
7. Windows button quit working. Software issue. Rebooting the device solves the issue.
8. Need the ability to dial a meeting number from the calendar.
9. Hitting the green phone button while in text message screen causes a dial screen to display. This feature should be a screen button and not associated to the green button
10. Need ability to turn off device when locked
11. Lock screen needs to be configured for landscape mode
12. Lock screen will not display in landscape mode after power on.
13. Moto – screen doesn’t work with the accelerometer (will not change orientation)
- Issue: Can access device when locked via USB connection.
- When device is locked via the usb connection the top menu bar can be selected to access device information.
i. Have device I unlocked state
ii. Connect device to pc via usb cable
iii. Device will display lock screen
iv. Select top menu bar gives you access to the device.
- I have had IE favorites disappear after a reboot (power off and on)
- Nav pad in IE moves very slow in window but is fine on menu options.