0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2012 6:36 AM by Ryan Wade

Refreshing a page and losing button functionality

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help with an issue I'm having.

I currently have a list of items. There are up to 150 total, but I am only displaying 20 at a time. Currently I have a button at the bottom of the page that, when clicked, refreshes the page with the next 20 items in the list. The problem is that I can only click that button once and then it's functionality is gone.

Here is the code for the actual page:

<% $jstring["response"]["docs"][$start...$end].each do |doc| %>

<% if doc["document_title"] != nil && doc["filename"] != nil %>

<% if doc["document_date"] != nil %>

<% if Time.parse(doc["document_date"]).strftime("%F") >= $chooseFirst.strftime("%F") && Time.parse(doc["document_date"]).strftime("%F") <= $chooseLast.strftime("%F") %>

<li style="-webkit-transform: translateZ(0); position: relative;"><a href="<%= url_for :action => :display, :query => {:pdf => doc["filename"] } %>"><%=  Time.parse(doc["document_date"]).strftime("%Y-%m") %>: <span style="white-space: pre-line;"> <%= doc["document_title"][0] %> </span> </a></li>

<% end %>

<% else %>

<li style="-webkit-transform: translateZ(0); position: relative;"><a href="<%= url_for :action => :display, :query => {:pdf => doc["filename"] } %>">

<span style="white-space: pre-line;"> <%= doc["document_title"][0] %> </span> </a></li>

<% end %>

<% end %>

<% end %>

</ul>

</div>

<div data-role="footer" data-position="inline">

<% if $start != 0 %>

<a href="<%= url_for :action => :previous %>" class="ui-btn-left" >Previous</a>

<% end %>

<% if $end != $jstring["response"]["docs"].length %>

<a href="<%= url_for :action => :next %>" style="float: right; margin-right: 2px;" >Next</a>

<% end %>

</div>

And here is the Ruby code:

def next
          $start = $start + 20
          $end = $end + 20
          if $end > $jstring["response"]["docs"].length
            $end = $jstring["response"]["docs"].length
          end
          redirect :action => :index
      end

I've found that I can use a WebView.refresh() after the redirect and the buttons will function, but every time I click a button a "Error Loading Page" dialog pops up for a split second before the new page loads. Can anyone help with some ideas for fixing this?

Thanks,

Ryan