WS5100 V2.1.5 to 3.3.4 upgrade

// Expert user has replied.
V Vedsatx Saddvv 2 years 11 months ago
2 2 0

Have a customer using WS5100s running V2.1.5.0-003R and wants to upgrade to V3.3.4.0-009R. He's upgraded WS' from V 2.1.4.0-001R, but in the Release Notes there is no entry for V2.1.5 in the section that states "This build may be installed over the following software versions:". I've gone over the Release Notes for the previous 3.X versions and all of them do not have that entry. Is this an anomaly or is there another process to upgrade?

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

C Chris Frazee

Hello Ron,       As Vinodh pointed out, should be no issues and follow the regular upgrade process in the release notes. I have upgraded my lab WS5100's from v2.1.5 to v3.3.4 and back, multiple times, with no issues, as well as assisting customers with the same upgrade. Definitely back up the v2.1.5 configuration and test the conversion. The conversion tool is pretty much a hit or miss and be prepared to build the v3.3.4 from scratch. 

V Vinodh Kumar

There should be no issues with 2.1.5 being upgraded to 3.3.4. You can follow the same procedure that is present in 3.3.4 RN. Please make sure the 2.x configuration is backed up and converted to 3.x configuration (you can use the config conversion utility that comes with the 3.x download), since 2.x config as such cannot be used with 3.x firmware. I would suggest you check upgrade in a lab setup before starting of with the production switch. You can contact me for any other information on this. Regards, Vinodh

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?