5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2013 8:26 AM by Mark Nongkhlaw

I frequently get .nsi line 12 error in Win32 builds at Rhohub

Mark Nongkhlaw

Whereas build for other platforms at Rhohub proceeded successfully, I frequently get .nsi line 12 error in Win32 builds at Rhohub as shown in log.txt file. There's nothing generated by the build, except this file and a folder, Win32 with app_info.txt in it. The error shown by log.txt is like :

Error in script "c:/rhohub/build/../testapp/bin/tmp/test app.nsi" on line 12 -- aborting creation process

What does this error indicate?

• Re: I frequently get .nsi line 12 error in Win32 builds at Rhohub
          Mark Nongkhlaw

I forgot to state that the error was in spite of the build being shown as "Completed" (initially I assumed it built correctly because of this, but was surprised when after downloading it I just got a log.txt and a folder, Win32 with app_info.txt in it.

I mean, I expected the build to indicate failure.

Just did a little Googling and I see that .nsi is an Install System Script file. Does it mean there's some problem with the script running at Rhohub?

Just did a little Googling and I see that .nsi is an Install System Script file. Does it mean there's some problem with the script running at Rhohub?

It's likely a bug in the rhodes/rhoelements build script.  RhoHub uses the vanilla rhodes/rhoelements build scripts and registers a success or failure based on the script's exit code.  This means that even though there was a failure, the script exited with 0, so RhoHub thinks everything was fine and zips up the results (in this case just a log.txt and app_info.txt).

Mark Nongkhlaw

Is there anything I can do to fix the script? I'm using Rhodes, not RhoElements. Just tried a local Win32 build, and I seem to see similar errors. Here's the parts with the errors after running rake:run:win32:production     :-

RET: Processing script file: "E:/oasismobireport/bin/OASIS MOBILE.nsi"RET: !include: "d:\Program Files\NSIS\Include\MUI.nsh"RET: !include: "d:\Program Files\NSIS\Contrib\Modern UI\System.nsh"RET: NSIS Modern User Interface version 1.8 - Copyright 2002-2009 Joost Verburg(d:\Program Files\NSIS\Contrib\Modern UI\System.nsh:8)RET: !define: "MUI_INCLUDED"=""RET: !define: "MUI_SYSVERSION"="1.8"RET: !define: "MUI_VERBOSE"="3"RET: !include: closed: "d:\Program Files\NSIS\Contrib\Modern UI\System.nsh"RET: !include: closed: "d:\Program Files\NSIS\Include\MUI.nsh"RET: !include: "d:\Program Files\NSIS\Include\LogicLib.nsh"RET: !include: closed: "d:\Program Files\NSIS\Include\LogicLib.nsh"RET: Name: "OASIS" "MOBILE"RET: OutFile: "RhodesBundle.exe"RET: InstallDir expects 1 parameters, got 2.RET: Usage: InstallDir default_install_directoryRET: Error in script "E:/oasismobireport/bin/OASIS MOBILE.nsi" on line 12 -- aborting creation process

Processing script file: "E:/oasismobireport/bin/OASIS MOBILE.nsi"!include: "d:\Program Files\NSIS\Include\MUI.nsh"!include: "d:\Program Files\NSIS\Contrib\Modern UI\System.nsh"NSIS Modern User Interface version 1.8 - Copyright 2002-2009 Joost Verburg (d:\Program Files\NSIS\Contrib\Modern UI\System.nsh:8)!define: "MUI_INCLUDED"=""!define: "MUI_SYSVERSION"="1.8"!define: "MUI_VERBOSE"="3"!include: closed: "d:\Program Files\NSIS\Contrib\Modern UI\System.nsh"!include: closed: "d:\Program Files\NSIS\Include\MUI.nsh"!include: "d:\Program Files\NSIS\Include\LogicLib.nsh"!include: closed: "d:\Program Files\NSIS\Include\LogicLib.nsh"Name: "OASIS" "MOBILE"OutFile: "RhodesBundle.exe"InstallDir expects 1 parameters, got 2.Usage: InstallDir default_install_directoryError in script "E:/oasismobireport/bin/OASIS MOBILE.nsi" on line 12 -- aborting creation process

However, I must say that rake:run:win32 runs OK, but in this case, it might not be using any script at all.