1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 8, 2013 8:52 AM by Carl Pearson

Is it possible to build to Motorola device with Visual Studio 10.0

Is it possible to build to Motorola device with Visual Studio 10.0

I had deployed the RhoElements application on to the device using Visual Studio 8 after adding the following configurations in rhobuild.yml.

vcbuild: C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC/vcpackages/vcbuild.exe

cabwiz: C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/SmartDevices/SDK/SDKTools/

Please let me know is it possible to deploy to device using Visual Studio 10.0 and if yes then the required configurations.

Thanks

• Re: Is it possible to build to Motorola device with Visual Studio 10.0

Visual Studio 2010 does not have the capability to produce WinMobile applications. 

The Motorola Solutions EMDKs address Visual Studio 2008 and 2005, but have recently stopped supporting VS 2003. 

VS 2010 was desirable to programmers because of the un-docking of various windows, support for multi-core processors and other benefits.  In fact, I trotted right out and got a copy myself expecting to improve my WinMobile development environment and added another display instead of popping open windows all the time.

VS 2008 is the preferred builder for Motorola Microsoft devices. 

Future:  VS 2012 will be required for Win8 development and it appears that VS 2010 might not have much play for mobile devices.

Not the  answer you wanted I;m sure, but then again it wasn't the answer I wanted either.

1 of 1 people found this helpful