5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2013 10:05 AM by Andrea Persico

how to connect sb1 to PC and programming with sb1 using rho

Hello,

I m new in rho mobile please provide me information regarding sb1.

1. how to connect it to PC

2. Any Prograaming sb1 using rhoconnect

Thank you,

Alolika

• Re: how to connect sb1 to PC and programming with sb1 using rho
          Sushil Gusain

Hi,

Firstly install ActiveSync in your PC, when you connect sb1 to the PC, ActiveSync automatically activate and you can easily transfer the data from ro to it.

Don't any idea about programming sb1 using rhoconnect

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: how to connect sb1 to PC and programming with sb1 using rho
            Benedict Kennedy

Hi Alolika,

To connect the SB1 to a PC, first you need to replace the original SB1 back housing with the "Developer Back Housing). The difference between the two is that the developer one has a USB port sticking out of it. The swapping of the two back housing should be simple, remove the 6 screws of the SB1, replace the back and replace the screws.

From here, you should be able to connect the device via this Micro-USB port. I dont believe it needs extra drivers, and will appear in Windows Explorer as a USB Mass Storage device. You should now be able to transfer files onto the device as is described in the SB1 Programmers Guide. If you dont have access to this guide, get in touch with your Motorola contact who will be able to provide it.

Unfortunately, I dont think that the SB1's (custom) version of RhoElements supports RhoConnect, but we are working hard to get it working with the SB1 for the future. If you are designing your app with data lookup in mind, it would probably be best to keep the data on the server anyway, as the SB1 is a low-memory device, so probably wouldnt be able to hold all the records that you would require.

I hope this helps.

1 of 1 people found this helpful