4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2013 8:54 AM by Marc Logemann

SB1 js + css file

N/A N/A

Hi,

i just read the SB1 Programmer Guide and anytime soon my SB1 developer device will arrive. Now i wonder where to get the mentioned files asl.js and asl.css. Can anyone comment on this?

I am not quite sure if i really want to use RhoMobile. We came from plain html5/jquery background with ajax calls to our own backend services. So i hope i can go with only those SB1 mentioned files and do plain web programming,

Thx

Marc

• Re: SB1 js + css file
          Peter Arcuri

All required files are in the device. You don't need RhoMobile to develop apps for the SB1. You can create web apps and host them on your URL. Then go through the notion of adding a new app to AppLauncher within the SB1. You'll need to work with 2 configuration files: config.js and apps.json both located in config folder within the SB1.

Marc Logemann

Peter, thanks for your insights! If you could tell me one more thing, i would be very happy.

Do i really need the Developer Case with the USB socket or is it possible to change the apps.json file to my needs without the USB feature on the SB1 ? As far as i understood the programming manual, you can change the apps.json file so that the menu items point to an external url (on my server) and then i can service the device from there. But i must be sure that i can in fact change the apps.json file on the device without any special developer device. Something like -> go to menu -> change menu config file (apps.json)

So my question is not about how to program but how to access the device settings files and how to get the files from the device in terms of how accessing them? I tried to ask my distributor withotu any success.... Hope i can get some answers without asking through half of Motorola ;-)

Marc

Peter Arcuri

The SB1 Developer USB Door kit (with USB port) is the preferred method particularly when interfacting with the file system of the device. I believe the part number for this is kit is KT-SB1X-DEVLP-01R. This would be the best method.

Alternatively, you can use a MDM software that supports the SB1. Limited but believe MSP 4.2 and latest of SOTI MDM software does. Another is KEA from IPS.There may be some challenges with intitial setup of the device on the MDM.

Hope this helps.