16 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2013 3:13 AM by Daniel Freeman

Conflicting versions of redis

I have a problem with conflicting versions of redis

Running rhoconnect dtach-install, or rhoconnect, causes the following error:-

Unable to activate redis-namespace-1.0.3, because redis-3.0.2 conflicts with redis (< 3.0.0) (Gem::LoadError)

How do I remove this conflict?

( MacOS X 10.6.8 )

• Re: Conflicting versions of redis

Could you provide more information about your environment?  Ruby version, rhoconnect version, etc...

I've installed RMS_2.2.1.13.dmg now.  Including gems and rhoconnect-push.  Same problem.

Is there a way to check my rhoconnect version from the command-line?

Here's the full stack trace:

rhoconnect

/Users/danielfreeman/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p194/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/specification.rb:1637:in `raise_if_conflicts': Unable to activate redis-namespace-1.0.3, because redis-3.0.2 conflicts with redis (< 3.0.0) (Gem::LoadError)

from /Users/danielfreeman/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p194/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/specification.rb:746:in `activate'

from /Users/danielfreeman/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p194/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/specification.rb:780:in `block in activate_dependencies'

from /Users/danielfreeman/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p194/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/specification.rb:766:in `each'

from /Users/danielfreeman/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p194/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/specification.rb:766:in `activate_dependencies'

from /Users/danielfreeman/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p194/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/specification.rb:750:in `activate'

from /Users/danielfreeman/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p194/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/specification.rb:780:in `block in activate_dependencies'

from /Users/danielfreeman/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p194/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/specification.rb:766:in `each'

from /Users/danielfreeman/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p194/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/specification.rb:766:in `activate_dependencies'

from /Users/danielfreeman/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p194/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/specification.rb:750:in `activate'

from /Users/danielfreeman/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p194/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems.rb:1232:in `gem'

from /Users/danielfreeman/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p194/bin/rhoconnect:18:in `<main>'

from /Users/danielfreeman/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p194/bin/ruby_noexec_wrapper:14:in `eval'

from /Users/danielfreeman/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p194/bin/ruby_noexec_wrapper:14:in `<main>'

You can see the version with:

gem list rhoconnect

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

rhoconnect (3.4.2, 3.3.2)

rhoconnect-adapters (1.0.5)

You could try uninstalling redis-namespace 1.0.3, looks like it conflicts with the later version:

gem install redis-namespace

gem uninstall redis-namespace -v=1.0.3

I think that's progress.  But not quite there yet.  Uninstalled successfully - but when I run rhoconnect....

rhoconnect

/Users/danielfreeman/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p194/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/dependency.rb:247:in `to_specs': Could not find redis-namespace (~> 1.0) amongst [activesupport-3.2.8, activesupport-2.3.14, async-rack-0.5.1, bundler-1.2.1, connection_pool-1.0.0, daemons-1.1.9, diff-lcs-1.1.3, eventmachine-1.0.0, eventmachine-1.0.0.rc.4, extlib-0.9.16, extlib-0.9.15, highline-1.6.15, i18n-0.6.1, json-1.6.7, json-1.5.4, macaddr-1.6.1, mime-types-1.19, multi_json-1.5.0, multi_json-1.3.6, nokogiri-1.5.5, rack-1.5.0, rack-1.4.1, rack-fiber_pool-0.9.2, rack-protection-1.3.2, rack-protection-1.2.0, rack-test-0.6.2, rake-0.9.2.2, redis-3.0.2, redis-2.2.2, resque-1.23.0, resque-1.20.0, rest-client-1.6.7, rhoconnect-3.4.2, rhoconnect-3.3.2, rhoconnect-adapters-1.0.5, rhodes-3.5.1.13, rhodes-3.4.2, rhodes-translator-0.0.4, rhoelements-2.2.1.13, rhoelements-2.1.1.7.0, rhohub-1.0, rhomobile-debug-1.0.6, rspec-2.10.0, rspec-core-2.10.1, rspec-core-2.10.0, rspec-expectations-2.10.0, rspec-mocks-2.10.1, rubygems-bundler-1.1.0, rubyzip-0.9.9, rvm-1.11.3.5, sinatra-1.3.4, sinatra-1.3.3, systemu-2.5.2, templater-1.0.0, thin-1.5.0, thor-0.15.4, tilt-1.3.3, uuid-2.3.5, uuidtools-2.1.3, vegas-0.1.11] (Gem::LoadError)

from /Users/danielfreeman/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p194/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/specification.rb:777:in `block in activate_dependencies'

from /Users/danielfreeman/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p194/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems.rb:1232:in `gem'

from /Users/danielfreeman/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p194/bin/rhoconnect:18:in `<main>'

from /Users/danielfreeman/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p194/bin/ruby_noexec_wrapper:14:in `eval'

from /Users/danielfreeman/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p194/bin/ruby_noexec_wrapper:14:in `<main>'

Did you install redis-namespace?  There were two commands in my previous message:

gem install redis-namespace

gem uninstall redis-namespace -v=1.0.3

You need a redis-namespace installed, just not 1.0.3.

Yes.  I had to sudo gem install redis-namespace because of a permissions issue.

Just tried again.  Same outcome.

I had to sudo gem install redis-namespace because of a permissions issue.

You don't want to install gems with "sudo".  They will not be installed into your current user's rvm space, instead they will be installed into the system gem space.  I recommend you fix the file permissions in ~/.rvm and then do "gem install redis-namespace" again.  ~/.rvm/ should be recursively owned by your username (i.e. chown -R yourusername:yourgroup ~/.rvm/*).

That helped.  Thanks.  But still unable to start rhoconnect.

$ cd (project folder)

$ rhoconnect redis-start

Detach with Ctrl+\  Re-attach with rhoconnect redis-attach

dtach: could not execute redis-server: No such file or directory

$ rhoconnect start

Redis is not running on localhost:6379. Please start it by running 'rhoconnect redis-start' command.

Please verify both `dtach` and `redis-server` are installed an on your path.  The installation instructions assume you have /usr/local directory and /usr/local/bin is on your path.

/usr/local directory and /usr/local/bin are both set in my path.  I tried reinstalling redis with rhoconnect redis-install.  I noticed a problem.

rhoconnect redis-install

( After compiling and linking a lot of c files successfully - at the end I get some permission problems:- )

"Hint: To run 'make test' is a good idea

cp: /usr/local/bin/redis-benchmark: Permission denied

cp: /usr/local/bin/redis-cli: Permission denied

cp: /usr/local/bin/redis-server: Permission denied

Installed redis-benchmark, redis-cli and redis-server to /usr/local/bin

mkdir: /usr/local/etc: Permission denied

cp: /usr/local/etc/redis.conf: No such file or directory

Installed redis.conf to /usr/local/etc

You should look at this file!"

(sudo rhoconnect redis-install doesn't work at all).

/usr/local/ needs to be recursively writable by your user (or you need to use sudo).  Is sudo failing with the same error or something else?  I suggest making /usr/local/ recursively writable by your user account to make it easier.

Do you mean chmod -R 775 ?  At the moment the permissions are set to 755.  I'm a little reluctant to meddle with permissions here.  Before I do that, I should tell you about the error I got with sudo rhoconnect redis-install - it may have some bearing on what's wrong.

sudo rhoconnect redis-install

Password:

/Users/danielfreeman/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p194/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/dependency.rb:247:in `to_specs': Could not find rhoconnect (>= 0) amongst [bigdecimal-1.1.0, io-console-0.3, json-1.5.4, minitest-2.5.1, rake-0.9.2.2, rdoc-3.9.4] (Gem::LoadError)

from /Users/danielfreeman/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p194/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/dependency.rb:256:in `to_spec'

from /Users/danielfreeman/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p194/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems.rb:1231:in `gem'