It looks like 184.108.40.206.1 was a small change for Window Mobile only.
220.127.116.11, at least as-tagged, is actually newer than 18.104.22.168.1, and includes a reversion for Android. It also includes the WM change from 22.214.171.124.1.
What's in the Suite, though? The January 7 126.96.36.199, or an older 188.8.131.52?
Can somebody provide some clarity? Never a good idea to move the cheese like this!
Edit: as it's dated January 11, I assume Suite 2.2SP1 includes the January 7 version of 184.108.40.206.
Ack! The installer is still installing Gems in the default RVM gemset! What a mess! I thought this was going to be fixed?!
1. Open the .dmg file.
2. Install RhoStudio to Applications. (Rename your old RhoStudio first, if you want to keep it. Safest to delete it first, otherwise.)
3. In a terminal window, navigate to the .gems directory in the open Motorola Rhomobile Suite bundle.
4. rvm use ( type the Ruby version you want to install into)
5. rvm gemset create rhodes220.127.116.11 (or whatever you want to call the gemset)
6. rvm gemset use rhodes 18.104.22.168
gem install rhomobile-debug (Fetches rhomobile-debug from the online Gem repo)
gem install rhodes22.214.171.124.gem (Make sure to include the ".gem", so it will install from file)
gem install rhoelements2.2.13.gem
gem install rhoconnect-3.4.2.gem
gem install rhoconnect-adapters-1.0.5.gem
gem install rhohub-1.0.gem
gem install rhodes-translator (getches from the online Gem repo)
It's convenient to use auto-completion for the files names. Just type the first few letters and hit right-arrow.
As in the previous installer releases, the installer almost completely defeats the purpose of using rvm, by installing the gems in the default gemset.
In next release installer will ask for both ruby version and gemset.
Near as I can tell:
- 126.96.36.199 was released on December 18, and is included in RhoMobile Suite 2.2SP1.
- Subsequently, a single Android commit made on December 17 was reverted on January 7.
- The December 17 release was then re-tagged as 188.8.131.52.1.
- The January 18 release is now tagged as 184.108.40.206. However, this is not what is in the RhoMobile Suite 2.2SP1, which even though it is labelled 220.127.116.11, is actually what is (now) tagged as 18.104.22.168.1.
Anybody know why the reversion was made? commit 6f17f6a36f, Android: onActivityResult handler is added to IRhoListener.
To get the current 22.214.171.124 (which is not the 126.96.36.199 included in SP1) you will need to checkout tag 188.8.131.52 and build the gem.
I checked-out from tag 184.108.40.206. Double-checked history to make sure what I was getting - the "new" 220.127.116.11 with the revert of Android:onActivityResult handler added to IRhoListener.
Built the Gem, but then I get rhodes-18.104.22.168.1.gem
So now I'm unclear about WHAT I have.
Maybe the version number just got revved down because of the reversion of the onActivityResult checkin?
How important is this? Obviously it was reverted for a reason, and is still reverted in current master.
Can somebody at RhoMobile fill us in?
Comment removed. There's no sense trying to make sense of this. I emailed the committer.
Reversion was made by mistake.
To get the current 22.214.171.124 you will need to checkout tag 126.96.36.199.1.