4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2013 6:11 AM by Bhuvana V

Help required on the app development.

Dear all,

I need to develop a small application on SB1 device.

its simple authentication screen which shows username and password and press the login button then the authentication happens in the centralized server and show menu items.

My challenges:

I guess there is no input type called button and i dont know how to handle it. I am able to create the login page and associate the keyboard events to it but when button

and next the main concern is showing the list view..

there is one option called asl.options to add menu items.. i have created a function called addMenu but dont know from where i should call.i mean on what event..

pl help.

Thank you,

Bhuvana.

• Re: Help required on the app development.
          Robert Galvin

Here is a sample page that uses buttons. There are some built in CSS elements on the asl.css.

I also just did a webinar on this subject. Check it out here. It has some links to resources like the Developers Guide.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
          <html lang="en">
          <head>
              <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
              <title>Sales Demo</title>
              <link href="../css/asl.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen, projection" />
              <script type="text/javascript" src="../src/asl.js"></script>
              <script type="text/javascript">
                  asl.title('Button');
                  asl.back('index.html');
              </script>
              <style>
                  /**
                   *  Styles used only for better preview
                   */

.button {
                      margin: 4px;
                  }
              </style>
          </head>
          <body>
              <div style="float: left;padding:10px">
                  <a class="button"><span>Button</span></a>
                  <a class="button focused"><span>Button</span></a>
              </div>
          </body>
          </html>

• Re: Help required on the app development.

Dear Robert,

Thank you very much for the response.

I am totally confused to develop my first application.

Its mentioned somewhere that asl.css and asl.js are inside the device but i guess they are not visible when i connect the device using USB.

(asl.js with the sample code which i got but not asl.css) request you to please add these files in this thread..

Now  i just copied the above code in my app and executed the file.. i expected there should be some button in the UI but instead it displays some numbers on the screen. (pl help me i just need two text fields (which i am already done and a login button.. ) i have my code in the server to authenticate the user.

And one more major major thing which i am not able to fix ..id i add any png blackwhite file in the project and mention the path in the apps.json.. i am not able to view that icon..

only the demo file which is supplied as part of the samle program is working.

Could you please help in this regard?

Thank you,

Bhuvana.