1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 8, 2013 3:33 PM by Lars Burgess

RhoMobile Model generation default behaviour with RhoConnect Push

I am having an issue with the default name of a RhoMobile model generated via RhoStudio 2.2.

My project uses RhoConnect Push as per webinar "https://developer.motorolasolutions.com/docs/DOC-1721"

Everything work fine as long as the following are observed:

1. Model name is singular (eg. "Product")

2. Database table name is plural (eg. "Products")

3. Database table names must be a single word only (eg. productcode can't use product_code)

However when I become creative and create data base table names using underscore (eg. prop_area) then things go wrong.

For example if I try and generate a RhoMobile model with the name "prop_area" then the RhoStudio generation process will create a model name "PropArea" and looks for a table name "PropAreas".

[My workaround is to rename the database table from prop_area to PropAreas and everything works fine].

Also, things get very confusing for me with the RhoConnect Push naming of this object.

Why because everything is case sensitive and I end up with names like PropArea, Proparea, proparea and propArea (not to mention the plural also eg. PropAreas etc).

Questions:

Q1. Is there somewhere to control the generator naming conventions used by RhoStudio ?

Q2. Is there a way to generate RhoConnect Push models, controllers and views as we do with RhoMobile models ?

[ATM I have to do all this manually using cut and paste from pre-existing code and then renaming etc)]

Thanks - Earl

• Re: RhoMobile Model generation default behaviour with RhoConnect Push

Q1. Is there somewhere to control the generator naming conventions used by RhoStudio ?

RhoStudio uses the rhodes command line tool to generate code, so doing something like "New" -> "RhoMobile model" -> ... is the same as doing:

$ rhodes model prop_area name,brand,price,quantity,sku

Q2. Is there a way to generate RhoConnect Push models, controllers and views as we do with RhoMobile models ?

If by "RhoConnect Push models" you mean RhoConnect source adapters then yes, you can use the "source" command:

$ rhoconnect source <something>

for example:

$ rhoconnect source prop_areas

This will generate two files:

[ADDED]  sources/prop_areas.rb

[ADDED]  spec/sources/prop_areas_spec.rb

RhoConnect Push is just a simple service designed to interact with a RhoConnect application, it doesn't have any models of its own.

Everything work fine as long as the following are observed:

1. Model name is singular (eg. "Product")

2. Database table name is plural (eg. "Products")

3. Database table names must be a single word only (eg. productcode can't use product_code)

I'm not following #1 and #2 here, the model name and database table name are identical.  When I run:

$ rhodes model prop_area name,brand,foo

Then I use FixedSchema with the same properties, indeed I get the same singular, camel-cased table name auto-generated (according to sqlite .schema output):

CREATE TABLE "PropArea" ( "name" varchar default null,"brand" varchar default null,"foo" varchar default null,"object" varchar(255) PRIMARY KEY );

Could you provide details about where you're seeing things auto-pluralizing in the database?  The only thing I see happening is names are camel-cased, not pluralized.