Rhoconnect API Access Levels

J John Hadfield 2 years 11 months ago
0 1 0

We're just beginning to try to use RhoConnect Push to accomplish push sync on TC-55's.

I've followed the examples and got the push to work (most of the time) and have started to bake calls to the Rhconnect API into our application (as it happens that is in PL/SQL).

The issue I have is that I want the application to be able to lookup up users/devices and issue pingsl, but I don't want it to have access to reset the server, add or delete things.  I can't find documentation or examples on controlling what an api user can do, or in fact anything about having any other user that rhoadmin.  I don't really want to embed a username/password to a user that could issue a full reset within a database.

Has anyone approached this in a different way, or has anyone figured out how to create new users and limit their use of the api?

Many thanks

John

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

M Maxim Zverev

No, only the admin can do the things that you want to achieve. But, you don't need to supply the admin user/password to the app. You just need to use api_token with the API requests:
For example:
User Resource – GET users
GET /rc/v1/users List users registered with this RhoConnect application.
users = RestClient.get( "#{server}/rc/v1/users", { 'X-RhoConnect-API-TOKEN' => @api_token } ).body See the docs:

Rhomobile | RhoConnect REST API

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?