[TC55] Creating profile with EMDK Manager and importing it to DataWedge

Hello,

I have an issue with a profile created with the EMDK Manager in Eclipse.

I have filled the infos for the Intent like this :

emdk.png

And deactivated the Keystroke part :

emdk2.png

The XML is well generated in the assets folder.

And then in my Activity I use this code below to import my profile :

package com.test.kiwapp.motorola;   import android.app.Activity; import android.content.Context; import android.content.Intent; import android.os.Bundle; import android.util.Log; import android.view.View; import android.view.View.OnClickListener; import android.widget.EditText; import android.widget.ImageView; import android.widget.TextView; import android.widget.Toast;   import com.symbol.emdk.EMDKManager; import com.symbol.emdk.EMDKManager.EMDKListener; import com.symbol.emdk.EMDKResults; import com.symbol.emdk.ProfileConfig; import com.symbol.emdk.ProfileManager;     public class MainActivity extends Activity {   // Tag used for logging errors   private static final String TAG = MainActivity.class.getSimpleName();     // Let's define some intent strings   // This intent string contains the source of the data as a string   private static final String SOURCE_TAG = "com.motorolasolutions.emdk.datawedge.source";   // This intent string contains the barcode symbology as a string   private static final String LABEL_TYPE_TAG = "com.motorolasolutions.emdk.datawedge.label_type";     // This intent string contains the captured data as a string   // (in the case of MSR this data string contains a concatenation of the   // track data)   private static final String DATA_STRING_TAG = "com.motorolasolutions.emdk.datawedge.data_string";     // Let's define the API intent strings for the soft scan trigger   private static final String ACTION_SOFTSCANTRIGGER = "com.motorolasolutions.emdk.datawedge.api.ACTION_SOFTSCANTRIGGER";   private static final String EXTRA_PARAM = "com.motorolasolutions.emdk.datawedge.api.EXTRA_PARAMETER";   private static final String DWAPI_START_SCANNING = "START_SCANNING";   private static final String DWAPI_STOP_SCANNING = "STOP_SCANNING";   private static final String DWAPI_TOGGLE_SCANNING = "TOGGLE_SCANNING";     private static String ourIntentAction = "com.test.kiwapp.motorola.RECVR";     private ProfileManager profileManager;     private static final String MOTOROLA_SCAN_PROFILE_NAME = "KiwappTest";     @Override   public void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {   super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);   setContentView(R.layout.activity_main);     ourIntentAction = getString(R.string.intentAction);     // Since we will be using the image as a soft scan trigger toggle button   // let's handle the image on onClick event   ImageView img = (ImageView) findViewById(R.id.logo);   img.setOnClickListener(new OnClickListener() {   @Override   public void onClick(View v) {   // the image has been tapped so shoot off the intent to   // DataWedge   // to toggle the soft scan trigger   // Create a new intent   Intent i = new Intent();   // set the intent action using soft scan trigger action string   // declared earlier   i.setAction(ACTION_SOFTSCANTRIGGER);   // add a string parameter to tell DW that we want to toggle the   // soft scan trigger   i.putExtra(EXTRA_PARAM, DWAPI_TOGGLE_SCANNING);   // now broadcast the intent   MainActivity.this.sendBroadcast(i);   // provide some feedback to the user that we did something   Toast.makeText(v.getContext(), "Soft scan trigger toggled.",   Toast.LENGTH_SHORT).show();   }   });     initMotorola();   }     // We need to handle any incoming intents, so let override the onNewIntent   // method   @Override   public void onNewIntent(Intent i) {   handleDecodeData(i);   }     // This function is responsible for getting the data from the intent   // formatting it and adding it to the end of the edit box   private void handleDecodeData(Intent intent) {   // check the intent action is for us   if (intent.getAction().contentEquals(ourIntentAction)) {   // get the data from the intent   String data = intent.getStringExtra(DATA_STRING_TAG);   String labelType = "";     // check if there is anything in the data   if (data != null && data.length() > 0) {   // we have some data, so let's get it's symbology   labelType = intent.getStringExtra(LABEL_TYPE_TAG);   // check if the string is empty   if (labelType != null && labelType.length() > 0) {   // format of the label type string is LABEL-TYPE-SYMBOLOGY   // so let's skip the LABEL-TYPE- portion to get just the   // symbology   labelType = labelType.substring(11);   } else {   // the string was empty so let's set it to "Unknown"   labelType = "Unknown";   }   }     Log.i(TAG, "==> " + data);   Toast.makeText(getApplicationContext(), data, Toast.LENGTH_SHORT)   .show();   }     }     private void initMotorola() {     final Context ctx = this.getApplicationContext();     // The EMDKManager object will be created and returned in the callback.   EMDKResults results = EMDKManager.getEMDKManager(ctx,   new EMDKListener() {     @Override   public void onOpened(EMDKManager emdkManager) {     // Create the Profile Config object   ProfileConfig profileConfigObj = new ProfileConfig();     // Get the ProfileManager object to process the profiles   profileManager = (ProfileManager) emdkManager   .getInstance(EMDKManager.FEATURE_TYPE.PROFILE);     if (profileManager != null) {   EMDKResults results = profileManager   .processProfile(MOTOROLA_SCAN_PROFILE_NAME,   ProfileManager.PROFILE_FLAG.SET,   profileConfigObj);   if (results.statusCode == EMDKResults.STATUS_CODE.SUCCESS) {   Toast.makeText(ctx,   "App successfully installed...",   Toast.LENGTH_SHORT).show();   } else {   Toast.makeText(ctx,   "Profile initilization failed",   Toast.LENGTH_SHORT).show();   }   }   }     @Override   public void onClosed() {   // TODO Auto-generated method stub     }   });     // Check the return status of getEMDKManager   if (results.statusCode == EMDKResults.STATUS_CODE.SUCCESS) {   // EMDKManager object creation success   Log.i(TAG, "getEMDKManager => OK");   } else {   // EMDKManager object creation failed   Log.e(TAG, "getEMDKManager => KO");   }   }   }

But when I check the profile imported in DataWedge, I still see the Keystroke part enabled  :

datawedge2.png

And the infos of the Intent are not present and it's not enabled !

datawedge3.png

So what's wrong with my code ? Is it a bug from DataWedge ?

Thanks for your help.

Raphael Dantas
Any idea of my problem,

Any idea of my problem, please ?

Thanks.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Matthew Chu
Hi Raphael, Did you put it in

Hi Raphael,

Did you put it in Debug mode and set breakpoint at line 151 and line 173 to see what the results returned is?

It looks to me EMDKManager Object was not created successfully.  Line 151 is suspect. you should checke immediately but you check later on at line 195?

If getEMDKManger() is not successful, then  ProcessProfile will not process correctly.

See attachment on a sample using EDMK scan profile and Intent.  In this profile, I purposely put in Mrs as Prefix with Basic data formatting so I know it is using the Intent Output and Prefix the data.

Hope this help,

Matthew

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Raphael Dantas
Hi Matthew !Thanks very much

Hi Matthew !

Thanks very much for your help !

With your sample I found what was the difference between my code and your code.

It was just these lines :

ProfileConfig profileConfigObj = new ProfileConfig();

EMDKResults results = profileManager.processProfile(fr.procheo.kiwapp.retail.config.Config.MOTOROLA_SCAN_PROFILE_NAME, ProfileManager.PROFILE_FLAG.SET, profileConfigObj);

that I replaced by :

EMDKResults results = profileManager.processProfile(fr.procheo.kiwapp.retail.config.Config.MOTOROLA_SCAN_PROFILE_NAME,  ProfileManager.PROFILE_FLAG.SET, new String[1]);

So the "processProfile" method doesn't work with the ProfileConfig object in argument but works well with String[] in argument.

Maybe a bug from EMDK ?

Thanks anyway !

Raphael

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’