NewORM

// Expert user has replied.
J Jon Tara 3 years 5 months ago
3 4 0

I've been following activity in Rhodes master branch, and see that there appears to be some replacement for Rhom under construction. It's called NewORM.

I've been using the master branch, and it seems (from looking at code and observation) that there's a "switch" that can be flipped to use either Rhom or NewORM and it currently defaults to Rhom.

Any chance of getting a preview of what's to come? At least the general nature of the changes?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

B Bhakta Ranjan Satapathy

Hello,

RHOM is a complete ruby implementation.
ORM Javascript uses Opal (ruby to javascript compilation) to call ruby implementation.

NewOrm(still we can refer Rho.ORM for neworm also if use_new_orm=1 in rhoconfig.txt) is a common api implementation (logic in c++) to achieve RHOM functionality both in ruby and javascript.
NewOrm will support all the feature of RHOM, except complex query with property bag.

Updated docs will be available under edge section very soon.

Thanks

J Jon Tara

A year-later followup....

I notice a LOT of newORM-related activity in the repo over the last month, so it looks like there is an effort recently to fix/complete this. Presume this will be in some upcoming release.

I wonder if we will at some point get a SQLite update? What we have now is quite old.

Rhodes currently uses SQLite 3.7.7.1 from 2011-06-28 (except for WP8, which uses 3.7.15.1).

While there isn't much real new functionality between those versions and the current (3.8.10.2) reviewing SQLite release notes, there has been very significant performance improvement, and a huge number of bugs fixed. The most significant new features have been common table expressions and support for the WITH clause.

B Brendan Higgins

We've been using it for about a year (since 4.0.0 when the JS models were very weak), and frankly had forgotten it was beta.  Not sure it is offering anything new though.

Here is the documentation:

Rhomobile | NewORM

Rhomobile | NewORMModel

Funny... was talking to some Moto folks today about us using it and I just noticed the Beta Version note show up today.

K Kutir Mobility

Interesting to see this thread but this issue needs help from Motorola. We will raise this issue with them to get an answer.
Visnupriya R
Kutir Mobility

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?