Extension build failed: RhoStudio 5.0.2 in Mac OS X

// Expert user has replied.
E Elias Valencia 2 years 11 months ago
0 4 0

Hi, my name is Elias, and i have a promblem when i try to build my Android app in RhoStudio 5.0.2. My OS is Mac OS X 10.9.4

This is the error:

Extension build failed: /Users/evalencia/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p551/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-5.0.2/lib/commonAPI/coreapi/ext/platform/android
/Users/evalencia/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p551@global/bin/ruby_executable_hooks:15:in `eval'
/Users/evalencia/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p551@global/bin/ruby_executable_hooks:15:in `'
Tasks: TOP => arch:arm => /Users/evalencia/workspace/RhoMobileApplication1/bin/target/android/debug/extensions/coreapi/armeabi/libcoreapi.a => /Users/evalencia/workspace/RhoMobileApplication1/bin/tmp/coreapi/arm/application_ruby_api.c.o
(See full trace by running task with --trace)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PWD: /Users/evalencia/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p551/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-5.0.2/lib/commonAPI/coreapi
/Users/evalencia/Downloads/android-ndk-r10d/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/prebuilt/darwin-x86_64/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc --sysroot /Users/evalencia/Downloads/android-ndk-r10d/platforms/android-21/arch-arm -fPIC -Wall -Wextra -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-unused -mandroid -DANDROID -DOS_ANDROID -DRHO_DEBUG -g -O1 -fstack-protector-all -D_DEBUG -Winit-self -Wshadow -Wcast-align -Wvla -Wstack-protector -I"/Users/evalencia/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p551/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-5.0.2/lib/commonAPI/coreapi/ext/platform/android/generated/jni" -I"/Users/evalencia/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p551/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-5.0.2/lib/commonAPI/coreapi/ext/platform/android/../../shared" -I"/Users/evalencia/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p551/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-5.0.2/platform/android/Rhodes/jni/include" -I"/Users/evalencia/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p551/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-5.0.2/platform/android/Rhodes/jni/include/rhodes/details" -I"/Users/evalencia/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p551/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-5.0.2/platform/shared/ruby/include" -I"/Users/evalencia/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p551/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-5.0.2/platform/shared" -I"/Users/evalencia/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p551/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-5.0.2/platform/shared/common" -I"/Users/evalencia/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p551/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-5.0.2/platform/shared/api_generator" -I"/Users/evalencia/workspace/RhoMobileApplication1/bin/tmp/include" -I"/Users/evalencia/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p551/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-5.0.2/platform/shared/ruby" -I"/Users/evalencia/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p551/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-5.0.2/platform/shared/ruby/android" -I"/Users/evalencia/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p551/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-5.0.2/platform/shared/ruby/generated" -c "ext/shared/generated/application_ruby_api.c" -o "/Users/evalencia/workspace/RhoMobileApplication1/bin/tmp/coreapi/arm/application_ruby_api.c.o"
In file included from /Users/evalencia/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p551/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-5.0.2/platform/shared/ruby/include/ruby/ruby.h:25:0,
                 from /Users/evalencia/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p551/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-5.0.2/platform/shared/ruby/include/ruby.h:32,
                 from ext/shared/generated/application_ruby_api.c:1:
[31m/Users/evalencia/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p551/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-5.0.2/platform/shared/ruby/android/ruby/config.h:308:24: fatal error: asm/page.h: No such file or directory
[0m #  include
                        ^
compilation terminated.
/Users/evalencia/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p551@global/bin/ruby_executable_hooks:15:in `eval'
/Users/evalencia/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p551@global/bin/ruby_executable_hooks:15:in `'
Tasks: TOP => run:android:device => device:android:debug => package:android => build:android:all => build:android:rhobundle => build:android:extensions
(See full trace by running task with --trace)
RET: 1
Error in build application. Build is terminated.

Please register or login to post a reply

4 Replies

M MengChang Xiao

same error.

rake clean:android

rake device:android:debug 

first error:

PWD: D:/RhoMobileSuite5.2.2/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-5.2.2/lib/commonAPI/coreapi/ext/platform/android
rake arch:arm
cd ../../..
rake aborted!
[31mCompilation failed: ext/shared/InitExtension.cpp [0m

I can't find the "InitExtension.cpp" Indeed, and I don't know which program creats this file.
Anyone know why?

B Bhakta Ranjan Satapathy

Hello Xiao,

Provide your rhobuild.yml (available at D:/RhoMobileSuite5.2.2/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-5.2.2/) and build.yml available at your application folder.
Make sure you have set your Android SDK and Android NDK (Android NDK r9 is current recommendation) and no space in your path to application.

Thanks

B Bhakta Ranjan Satapathy

Hello Elias,

Looks like you are using android-ndk-r10d. But Android NDK r9 is current recommendation. Kindly find the docs related to that.

Rhomobile | Native SDK Setup

Find the stackoverflow link, which has step to download particular version of NDK.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6849981/where-do-i-find-old-versions…

Thanks

J Jake Bernstein

Hey Elias,

When you go into RhoStudio, if you go into the Rhostudio tab in the top left of your screen, and then into Preferences --> RhoMobile --> Android, are the pathways for the NDK and SDK the correct pathways to your current NDK and SDK locations?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?