8 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2015 1:55 AM by Sandra Mohsen

.Net Applications

Sandra Mohsen

is it possible to deploy and run .Net Applications  on SB1 or we have to develop Apps with HTML5 and Javascript??

• Re: .Net Applications
          Khai-Van Phu

Hi Sandra,

SB1 runs Windows CE 6.0 core but the underlying OS is hidden by a system 'Shell' which only exposes HTML5 & JS & CSS applications. Furthermore the barcode scan engine of SB1 is controlled by a Javascript library called asl.js and can found in the development toolkit for SB1. Have a look at Motorola Solutions's support.

Capture3.JPG

However it is possible to load CAB files as traditionally found on Windows CE/Mobile devices. e.g To load a MDM client like SOTI MobiControl.

Does this answer your question?

Regards

Khai-Van PHU

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            Khai-Van Phu

Hi Sandra,

Just for fun I downloaded and installed .NET CF v3.5 onto my SB1.

Executing \Windows\cgacutil.exe pop up the message below.

pc_capture2.bmp

Based on the result of this test, do you think you can create .NET CF applications for SB1?

Khai-Van PHU

Sandra Mohsen

Dear Khai-Van PHU,

is there a way to expose system files and folder or connect the smart badge via Active sync or windows mobile device center ???  or we can only use .cpy files ??

• Re: Re: .Net Applications
                    Khai-Van Phu

Hi Sandra,

SB1 has Windows CE 6.0 core as operating system. So YES it is possible to access its files system and folders like any other Symbol MCxx Windows CE/WM computers.

As default setting, ActiveSync mode is disabled and SB1 is recognized as a mass storage when it is connected to a computer in USB (see fig. 1 & fig. 2).

Capture.JPG          Capture2.JPG

To enable ActiveSync/Windows Mobile Device Center, you can push package ActiveSyncEnable.apf attached with this message. Use utility RDT Solo to perform this task.

If the operation is successful, you will have access to the entire system files.

Another mean is to install agent SOTI MobiControl or SOTI PocketController Enterprise in SB1. Once done, you will have a complete control: System Files, Remote Control, Reboot etc...

Let me know if this does work for you.

Khai-Van PHU

Pietro Francesco Maggi

Hi Sandra,

just to make it very clear: technically it's possible to run native application on the SB1 (.NET CF or C/C++), but is not something that Zebra technologies support.

This means that if you encounter any issue, instability or bug, you're on your own.

The supported development platform for SB1 is HTML5 + Javascript + ASL.JS library.

If you need to use .NET Applications you can use another device like the MC2180.

Best regards

~Pietro

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    Sandra Mohsen

Dears,

Thanks a lot for your answers.

but i have another question, is there any other way to view ( Browse Files) the OS files like windows folder?

because i am trying to send font files to use it and i have to way to make sure that the file is in the correct location.

Best Regards,

Sandra Mohsen