Thank you Bruce for the quick response.
Yes, I can access the reader via its web interface, but as a "guest" user that doesn't have much to do there (say configuring antennas for example).
Shouldn't there be a way to recover against "forgot password" cases just as in routers?
Try logging in as "admin" with "change" as the password.
Actually, I tried accessing the reader using the default login/password (admin:change), but with no success.
I had already changed this password while following steps in Chapter 3 of the user guide:
and it happened that I forgot my new entered password after a while. So resetting the reader doesn't return the default "admin:change".
If the password is not working, you will need to connect serially to the Fx9500 device and follow the instructions below…
You will need a DB9, female to male, serial cable…
1) Connect FX9500 to power
2) Connect ethernet cable from FX9500 to network (hub, router, etc)
3) Connect serial cable (pic above) from FX9500 to PC
4) On PC, open HyperTerminal (or Putty … http://www.putty.org/ )
a. Start > Programs > Accessories > Connections > HyperTerminal
5) Name your connection whatever you wish; click “OK”
6) Under “Connect using”, select “COM1”; click “OK”
7) On the “Properties” window, set the following values; click “Apply”, then “OK”
a. Bits per second: 115200
b. Data bits: 8
c. Parity: None
d. Stop Bits: 1
e. Flow Control: Hardware
8) In the next window, type in “reader.login( login=factory, pwd=HERCf95*..)” ; this will log in to the reader
a. See screenshot below; do not include quotes
9) Now that we’re logged in, type in “reader.set_pwd(admin, blah, change)”
a. This will change the admin password to “change”
b. “blah” is a placeholder variable. Do no omit this.
10) The “admin” account should now be set to “change”