How to connect the Shelter to PC?

Can anybody connect the Shelter to PC via USB?

Do we have a driver for Shelter?

No-Driver.JPG

Herbert De Jong
have same problem,even tried

have same problem,

even tried ADB from latest Android SDK and added the VID and PID details in USB.INI but didnt help.

]

googling this it looks the mass storage app is missing from the build of JB.

i get  "Connected as an installer" message on the Shelter all the time.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mark Jolley
HI Guys,We have just tried

HI Guys,

We have just tried this on 's unit and the same happens.

The debug works though when connecting through ADB.

Have you guys managed to connect via that?

Mark

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Herbert De Jong
Hi MarkADB works with using

Hi Mark

ADB works with using latest Android SDK  and doing the usuall  things with the ADB ini and inf files.

<>

1)   Edit <dir>\Users\<user_Name>\.android\   adb_usb.ini file. If the file is not in the folder, created a new text file in the folder.

Add  0x05E0 to the adb_usb.ini file.

2)  Edit <sdk dir>\extras\google\usb_driver. the android_usb.inf

add following text for both 32 bit and 64 bit section

;ES8xx

%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_05E0&PID_1E00

%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_05E0&PID_1E01

%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_05E0&PID_1E01&MI_01

<>

the problem is with the Massstorage mode is missing from the JB build it looks

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

David Singer
Folks,Frank posted on the

Folks,

Frank posted on the Extranet site the Shelter Android USB Drivers in a folder called Tools.  Simply go to: http://compass.mot-solutions.com/go/445075735

David

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Please include a short

Please include a short instruction how to install these drivers

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
I could not install these

I could not install these drivers on my Win7/64 nor on my XP machine. Please attach a short instruction how to install them

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
I was able to install adb

I was able to install adb drivers according to Herbert's corrections to .ini and .inf files.

Still not possible to get mass-storage functionality.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Steve Haller
I am having the same issue...

I am having the same issue... has there been any resolution to this in order to get Mass Storage working.. I just want to transfer and install some APKs to my Shelter to be able to use it even more as my primary device

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Peter Arcuri
I have been using a freeware

I have been using a freeware software that allows you to establish a remote web session with your Android device. This can potentially be used until such time PC connectivity issue via USB port is resolved. Note, some of us don't necessary want to download Android SDK and set up ADB to simply move files to and from Android devices.

I have tested the attached tool on ET1 and non-MSI Android 4.0.3 and therefore believe it to function on JB. Simply download the attached file directly from your Android device using the stock/native browser. Once on the device navigate to the SD card and launch the install. Then launch the app and start the server (lower left side of the screen). Then using your desktop browser navigate to the ip addr of the device with port :8999. You will be presented with a UI from which you could perform file operations to and from your PC and your Android device.

Hope this helps with your immediate needs.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Steve Haller
I should have noted in my

I should have noted in my previous post, that I have also tried emailing the APK to myself, but the (very basic) exchange client on this build, does not seem to want to give me the ability to save the attachment.  I can see the attachment in the email, but a press or long press on it does not seem to give an option to save -- unless I am overlooking something very obvious.

Another observation, although outside the scope of the functional alpha, is that the browser and the exchange client seem to be very basic... less features than what I have with a 2.3 on an Atrix.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Alex Esquijaros...
Team,I took a different

Team,

I took a different aproach in the APK issue.You can browse the following site (http://android.brothersoft.com/) from the device and get the APK's you want from there without doing any special procedure.

On the other hand, you can upload the files to an account on DropBox (filtered by Motorola's proxy), Box (www.box.com), Google Drive, or even SkyDrive from Microsoft (you can download the respective APK's from the above mentioned site), and download the files from there.

One more thing... I managed to install Google Maps, Street View, GMail, Google Currents & YouTube. Most of the details are in here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1895040. Hope this can help a bit.

Best regards,

Alex.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Hans Schreurs
David,can you provide/post

David,

can you provide/post instructions on how to install the USb drivers?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Herbert De Jong
Masstorage mode  is working

Masstorage mode  is working with build 19

internal Storage  and  SD card are both mounted on PC  when  using USB connected and turn on USB storage

adb  debug is still working ok as well.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Yes, with the old BSP this

Yes, with the old BSP this function was not working. I had to Upgrade to BSP19 to connect the USB Storage

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’