Log window Menu missing on Rhosimulator on version 5.1.1

e erika contiero 2 years 11 months ago
0 1 0

Hi all,

Using RhoSimulator (Android) on RhoMobile 5.1.1, if I open the Log window I can't find any Menu button with the options Find, Clear Log, Send, that I always used in Rhomobile 5.
I search for the text "Clear log" in the rhosimulator.exe file read as text: in v.4.0 I could find it, in 5.1.1 I could not find it.
The use of Clear Log is quite important during debugging, why was this feature removed from Rhosimulator?

I attach the screenshot to show the difference of Log window in RMS 4.0 and RMS 5.1.1.

I thank you all for the attention.

E.

Please register or login to post a reply

1 Replies

J Jon Tara

The log is just a file, and there are many tools you could use to show the file.

It looks like you use Windows, so I can't suggest tools.

For OSX, though, I use iTerm2, and just tail the log file in a terminal window. iTerm2 has history and ability to clear history, and I use those for your purpose. It also has a nice search, and will yellow-highlight when it sees a hit on the search. And then you can also still just load the entire logfile into an editor or viewer if you need to do some more complex search.

While I don't use rhoSimulator, there's no reason this won't work with RhoSimulator as well. (I use it with iOS simulator).

There have to be similar tools for Windows.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?