First week of testing or should I say playing.

So I have had my device for about a week and have spent a great deal of time playing with it, my thoughts follow remember I use a Razr HD as my everyday device so it has a high benchmark to compete against.

I know I will be reporting things that others have mentioned already. Thanks Ian for the format I copied.

• Battery / Battery door

I never thought I would say this but I broke a bloody nail it has taken me 40 years to grow nails and now I break one trying to remove a bloody door. Way to difficult to remove and then I need to check if I broke the bloody door as well trying to put it back on. Feels way to flimsy just to clip in give us a decent latch or clip.

Now after breaking a nail to remove the door I was not going to break one pulling out the battery so found a small screwdriver, managed to get the battery out but this was no easy task.

• Touch screen

Well it looks like we might be on a winner, Screen works well and is responsive appears to be of good quality real estate is close to that of my Razr HD. Not as bright and clear but I wouldn’t drop may Razr.

• Body

Looks cheap and does not feel very durable see my comment on battery door. Needs the same look and feel of MC40.

• Speaker / Microphone

I hope mine is a dud but sound output seems to be on the low side, loud speaker and handheld mode both appear low. Not much volume on either side.

• USB

What is life expectancy on the micro USB, every device I have micro USB has failed before the device has failed what strain relief strengthing have we provided.

• Trigger function

Not sure about the trigger functions it is not as obvious or as easy to use as I would have expected. Customers may be expecting more as it has a dedicated scanner.

• Camera function

Camera zoom and auto-focus feature seems to work very well. Flash is good and picture functionality seems ok. Have a look at the attached sample taken at a concert on the weekend.

• Ergonomics…how does it feel?

See above re plastics. From a device size it is comparable to my Razr HD just thicker which customers will except if we really achieve IP67

• Misc Points

Performance seems good. As Ian has mentioned no USB pins at base of unit leading to no support for comm cradles will be a problem for a lot of customers. Already hearing this complaint about MC40.