14 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2015 9:56 AM by Michael Sweeney

RhoMobile login / Rake Bad Interpreter

Michael Sweeney

I just installed RhoMobile Suite 5.2.2 [first time user to this suite so please forgive any silly questions] ( included git version 1.7.6, included Ruby version 1.9.3 ) Visual Studio 2012, Java Developer Edition supplied from Rhostudio documents)   on a windows 7 64 bit machine.

Also have the Motorola windows mobile/ CE SDK, but have not gotten that far yet,

When I try to login to Rhomobile Suite(the Suite does start correctly), it says unable to login under Preferences RhoMobile, and when I try in git Bash it lists the error of 'sh.exe": /c/RhoMobileSuite5/ruby/bin/rake: C:/workspaces/dev_rhoinstaller)win/rhoinstaller/package/ruby/bin/ruby.exe: bad interpreter: No such file or directory'

This error is listed for any Rake command that I try, ie {rake; rake -T; rake -T --trace}.

In bash I navigated to the folder that contains the Rake install: C:\RhoMobileSuite5\ruby\bin   

with the same results.  ( it was originally RhoMobileSuite5.2.2, however saw in a post that special characters can present issue, so I modified (uninstall/reinstall to just RhoMobileSuite5)

I also tried embedding git into command prompt, Option 2 when installing the included git, no difference.

Verified that the path to rake in the environment variables, is correct, seemed to be.

•     I am unsure how to proceed, any advice? 

Attached is the rakefile from C:\RhoMobileSuite5\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.9.1\gems\rhodes-5.2.2

Java Path: both in RhoStudio preferences and actual

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_60

Git installation path: C:\Install\Git

Envronment Variable PATH:

C:\Install\Git\cmd;C:\RhoMobileSuite5\redis-2.4.0;C:\RhoMobileSuite5\ruby\bin;C:\RhoMobileSuite5\devkit\bin;C:\RhoMobileSuite5\devkit\mingw\bin;C:\RhoMobileSuite5\make-3.81\bin;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ArchestrA\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\RSCommon;C:\Program Files (x86)\RSA SecurID Token Common;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\EVClient\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Check Point\UIFramework 2.0\Bin\;C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\Endpoint Security\Endpoint Common\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Rockwell\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET Web Pages\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Windows Performance Toolkit\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Web Platform Installer\;c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\ManagementStudio\;C:\Program Files (x86)\nodejs\;

also when I try from cmd.exe I get

H:\>rake cloud:login --trace

rake aborted!

No Rakefile found (looking for: rakefile, Rakefile, rakefile.rb, Rakefile.rb)

C:/RhoMobileSuite5/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rake-10.4.2/lib/rake/applicatio

n.rb:684:in `raw_load_rakefile'

C:/RhoMobileSuite5/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rake-10.4.2/lib/rake/applicatio

n.rb:94:in `block in load_rakefile'

n.rb:176:in `standard_exception_handling'

n.rb:93:in `load_rakefile'

n.rb:77:in `block in run'

n.rb:176:in `standard_exception_handling'

n.rb:75:in `run'

C:/RhoMobileSuite5/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rake-10.4.2/bin/rake:33:in `<to

p (required)>'

C:/RhoMobileSuite5/ruby/bin/rake:23:in `load'

C:/RhoMobileSuite5/ruby/bin/rake:23:in `<main>'

H:\>

• Re: RhoMobile login / Rake Bad Interpreter
          BHAKTA RANJAN SATAPATHY

Hello Michael,

To perform rake cloud:login --trace.

You need to be at location where rhodes gem is available in your case location is C:\RhoMobileSuite5\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.9.1\gems\rhodes-5.2.2

From that location give the command rake cloud:login --trace.

Thanks

Bhakta

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Michael Sweeney

Hi Bhakta, Thanks for your reply!

Actually I opened a separate ticket through the zendesk, and they had me take a couple steps,

The last of which was a complete uninstall/ reinstall back to defaults, with much restarting... So Rho home directory got moved back to C:\RhoMobileSuite5.2.2 for a full address of C:\RhoMobileSuite5.2.2\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.9.1\gems\rhodes-5.2.2

Still no luck, last I heard they were bringing it to a test machine internally,

See attached for the Bash output, I no longer have Git embedded in cmd.exe so bash only..

rhoBash.JPG

BHAKTA RANJAN SATAPATHY

Hello Michael,

Can you please show me the output of below command in your command line?

which ruby

Thanks

Bhakta

BHAKTA RANJAN SATAPATHY

Hello Michael,

Looks everything normal !

Can you please make sure whether do you have any other path which points to some other version of ruby in your path environment variable?

As your previous screenshot has a path "/rhoinstaller/package/ruby/bin/ruby.exe".

So kindly remove all other ruby path from your path environment variable.

Thanks

Bhakta

Michael Sweeney

Right...

So this is the state of my path variable as of your reply, I tried to remove any reference to ruby other than the specified path { C:\RhoMobileSuite5.2.2\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.9.1\gems\rhodes-5.2.2}  So the bold items I deleted, (one at a time, restarted Git after each change)

C:\RhoMobileSuite5.2.2\redis-2.4.0;C:\RhoMobileSuite5.2.2\ruby\bin;C:\RhoMobileSuite5.2.2\devkit\bin;C:\RhoMobileSuite5.2.2\devkit\mingw\bin;C:\RhoMobileSuite5.2.2\make-3.81\bin;C:\RhoMobileSuite5.2.2\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.9.1\gems\rake-10.4.2;C:\RhoMobileSuite5.2.2\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.9.1 gems\rhodes-5.2.2;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ArchestrA\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\RSCommon;C:\Program Files (x86)\RSA SecurID Token Common;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\EVClient\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Check Point\UIFramework 2.0\Bin\;C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\Endpoint Security\Endpoint Common\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Rockwell\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET Web Pages\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Windows Performance Toolkit\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Web Platform Installer\;c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\ManagementStudio\;C:\Program Files (x86)\nodejs\

At that point the command 'which ruby' could not find the version,

So then I added back in the line ending in 10.4.2 with no change. So I removed it again,

When I added back in the  'C:\RhoMobileSuite5.2.2\ruby\bin;' 'which ruby' stated functioning again, however still no response from rake, the other two lines in the path variable did not seem to have an effect,

Current state:

C:\RhoMobileSuite5.2.2\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.9.1\gems\rhodes-5.2.2;C:\RhoMobileSuite5.2.2\ruby\bin;C:\RhoMobileSuite5.2.2\redis-2.4.0;C:\RhoMobileSuite5.2.2\devkit\bin;C:\RhoMobileSuite5.2.2\devkit\mingw\bin;C:\RhoMobileSuite5.2.2\make-3.81\bin;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ArchestrA\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\RSCommon;C:\Program Files (x86)\RSA SecurID Token Common;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\EVClient\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Check Point\UIFramework 2.0\Bin\;C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\Endpoint Security\Endpoint Common\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Rockwell\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET Web Pages\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Windows Performance Toolkit\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Web Platform Installer\;c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\ManagementStudio\;C:\Program Files (x86)\nodejs\

path.JPG

Mark Nongkhlaw

Michael,

Sounds like you have a similar problem I had some years back. Ref. https://developer.motorolasolutions.com/message/10985

Stanislav was kind enough to investigate and resolve both the issues. Since then, I never update Java in my dev machine.

You can also check for the same symptoms, although your RhoSuite is latest version and the issues I faced was with the old RhoStudio and old version of Rhodes.

Michael Sweeney

Thanks Mark,

Actually I did find that article, I did check for the version, and unless there is an issue with the stock versions, I can't see the coloration,

I did try a complete wipe and reinstall, a couple times...  no change

Mark Nongkhlaw

That's kinda strange. Did you use the RhoSuite installer for Windows? How did you install the JDK?

It wasn't too long ago that I installed version 5.1.1 on a Windows 7 64bit PC (same configuration as yours) and the install went off smoothly and there weren't any problems with rake commands or building through eclipse.

If you're targetting Windows Mobile/CE then I don't think you need Visual Studio 2012. I think you need VS 2008 Professional. Visual Studio 2012 + Windows 8 PC is recommended for building for Windows Phone 8, although I got by with VS2010 Express + Windows 7 PC to build for WP 7 & above.

You can try uninstalling all JDKs and JREs and Visual Studios if any still exist on your machine before trying to re-install RhoSuite using the installer again.

Or if you happen to have another  PC, you can try the install there instead. Try to see whether it runs in Eclipse or command line before installing other things like Visual Studio etc.

Edit : As per docs VS2012 SP1 is required for desktop builds. In fact VS2013 is specified for WP8 builds.

Michael Sweeney

I did, version 5.2.2, stock version,  I installed the JDK recommended by the documentation, Java SE Development Kit 8 - Downloads , following the instructions from Rhomobile | Install RhoMobile Suite documentation site.

VS 2012 is a requirement of another development suite, (as per your edit, this one too,) I actually have both 2008 and 2012 versions of Visual Studio.

I am targeting WIN CE/ Mobile,  currently I am just using the SDK's/ HDKs/  DTK's in Visual C 2008, (totally skipping any RhoMobile tie in; for the moment anyway)

If I do the uninstall of VS would break my other environments...  I do have a VM (mostly for higher level Rockwell functions) but I could try the install there... The express versions of VS work? I think my company would have issue with giving me three licenses for full VS, but can check that too...

Daniel Silva

I notice that you seem to be running these commands starting on your H: drive.  Can you try switching to C: first and then running them?  I think I remember there being an issue with this.