4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2018 2:14 AM by Andrew John

Entering a Carriage Return in DataWedge in a custom profile

Joe Gibson

Nothing I try enables the carriage return after scan. I have created a custom profile, associated our application with said profile, and disabled profile0. I cannot get a carriage return after scan to take place. I have looked everywhere and it still will not work. If I hit the enter key after scan (on the android keyboard) it works fine. I need it to do so after scan automatically.

Thanks...

Device is TC75, DataWedge v. 3.1.14

• Re: Entering a Carriage Return in DataWedge in a custom profile
          Daniel Silva

I am running a TC75 with DW 3.1 40

Note that a carriage return and an enter key are 2 different things.

If I go into my profile under the Keystroke output section and select Basic data Formatting/Send ENTER key,  it seems to work fine for me.  I tried this in the email app and in the chrome browser, it seems to work OK.  Is this the way you are trying this?  What app are you trying to feed the keystrokes into?

Kjell Lloyd

Try this if you want the action key on keyboard like Go in the below case to automatically be "pressed".

Then set in Datawedge profile to use action Line Feed and Send ENTER key under Basic data formatting. Tried this quickly on both TC70 and TC55.

Andrew John

Hi , I just received a TC25 to demo to a customer. beautiful device, client is running a web based application.

They need automatic enter function(carriage return). i have gone into the datawedge settings,under Action key character enabled CR and still nothing worked.

Created a new profile, made all the necessary changes, selected chrome under associated applications, tested and nothing works.

Please assist as I am up against Honeywell, which apparently worked without issues.

regards

Andrew

Andrew John

Hi , I just received a TC25 to demo to a customer. beautiful device, client is running a web based application.

They need automatic enter function(carriage return). i have gone into the datawedge settings,under Action key character enabled CR and still nothing worked.

Created a new profile, made all the necessary changes, selected chrome under associated applications, tested and nothing works.

Please assist as I am up against Honeywell, which apparently worked without issues.

regards

Andrew