4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2016 2:36 AM by Jacek Rys

[MC40 Android] FATAL EXCEPTION: ScannerHandlerThread

Jacek Rys

Hello guys,

I'm having a problem with EMDK implemented in MC40 device (precise number: N0-SLK3R01).

It happens randomly and unexpectedly.

Here comes the log from stack:

FATAL EXCEPTION: ScannerHandlerThread

Process: com.symbol.emdk.emdkservice, PID: 2351

java.lang.RuntimeException: startPreview failed

at com.symbol.scanning.imager.Imager.startPreview(Native Method)

at com.symbol.scanning.imager.ImagerScanner.enable(ImagerScanner.java:305)

at com.symbol.emdk.emdkservice.barcode.SvcScanner$2.run(SvcScanner.java:351)

at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:733)

at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)

at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136)

at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)

Could you provide any suggestion of what could be the reason of such occurrence?

Please let me know if any additional information is helpful for you to find it out.

Some details that comes to my mind as useful:
      - I'm using Wrapper class

Best regards,

Jacek