2 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2013 9:52 AM by Pietro Francesco Maggi

Unable to invoke MC40 inbuilt Scanner

Hi All,

I am trying to invoke "MC40 inbuilt scanner" through the rho native app. I don't have any license as of now on rho products. IF license is needed for this, what is the license need to be procured?

I had created Rhomobile application and in the ruby class written the below code for scanner invocation

def enableScanner

Scanner.decodeEvent = url_for(:action => :scannerEventListener)

Scanner.enable

end

def scannerEventListener

Alert.show_popup(@params['data'])

end

but it is invoking camera to scan the barcode instead of MC40 inbuilt scanner.I also disabled the datawidge. Pls guide.

• Re: Unable to invoke MC40 inbuilt Scanner
          Kutir Mobility

Hi Vamsi

Can you try Scanner.enumerate and check whether inbuilt scanner is listed in the result?

Thanks

Dhepthi

Kutir Mobility

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: Unable to invoke MC40 inbuilt Scanner
            Pietro Francesco Maggi

Hi Srinu,

The scanner API require to have a RhoElements application, otherwise you get an alert box requesting for a valid license.

During development you can simply close this alert and work for 15minutes. Then you get another Alarm.

The idea is that you are not required to have a license to test your app. Everything works.

Regarding your question, the MC40 integrated imager is identified as SCN2, so you've to add to your code:

Scanner.enabled = "SCN2"

in your enableScanner functions.

Otherwise the Scanner API will use the default SCN1 module that, on the MC40, it's the device camera.

Best regards

Pietro