How do you configure the Shell Authentication on SB1

I downloaded the dev kit and copied over the auth app to my device. Enabled Shell Authentication via

config.login.require = true;

config.login.page = "http://127.0.0.1:83/UserDrive/apps/auth/login.html";

However, on rebooting the device I get a blank screen and my login page is not displayed.

What else do I need to do to use the Shell Autth?

I am poring over the Programming Documentation but there is no additional inof.

TIA

Anonymous (not verified)
You are telling the device to

You are telling the device to show a login page local on the device, and it sounds like that page is not there.  If you copy in the folders from "Sample UserDrives\Full Sample User Drive\UserDrive" from the developer's toolkit, you can see a sample app showing how this works.

http://support.symbol.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=13880

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Ramesh Sringeri
Daniel,I have copied over the

Daniel,

I have copied over the auth application from the toolkit which is why I am surprised this does not work.

The login.html page exists in /UserDrive/apps/auth

I am not sure what else needs to be done

Thanks

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
When you look at the device

When you look at the device in Mass Storage mode from your PC, you are looking at the root of \UserDrive, so you don't want to create a new UserDrive folder in there, because you will now actually have \UserDrive\UserDrive.  Also, be aware that while the USB cable is attached to your PC, the device cannot see \UserDrive, so you need to disconnect the USB cable, then either log out of the device or reboot for it to find the files.  I just tried this on my device running OS28, and it worked, so if it is still not working for you, may be a good idea to update the device if you are not already running OS28.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Ramesh Sringeri
DanielThanks for the quick

Daniel

Thanks for the quick response. I dont have a /UserDrive under /UserDrive. Now, I am just getting started on SB1 programming. The Software version screen has this on my device

OS Version: 01.01.27

RhoElements verson: 2.1.1.11

App Folder verson: 26.2.3.5

SB1 Shell Version: 2.6.3

How do I update the OS to build 28? Any link to download the update would be helpful

Thanks

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
You will need to hit the
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Ramesh Sringeri
DanielThanks for the link.

Daniel

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately I get a 404! :-(

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
I think the link is OK, the

I think the link is OK, the site may be having some issues.  Please try again a few times.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Ramesh Sringeri
Daniel,I sent my request

Daniel,

I sent my request couple days ago. The confirmation page said I would get a download link in 3 hours. Havent heard anything for 3 days now. How else can I get build #28?

Thanks for your help.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mark Jolley
Please use the OS28 image on

Please use the OS28 image on the main page, I have loaded a barcode for you to scan.

Make sure your device is connected to the internet.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Ramesh Sringeri
Mark,Thanks for the reply.

Mark,

Thanks for the reply. Can you please include a link the "Main Page" you refer to? I tried the link Daniel posted and also the main discussions page for SB1 but cant find a bar code anywhere.

Thanks

Ramesh

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mark Jolley
https://developer
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Ramesh Sringeri
Daniel,After upgrading to

Daniel,

After upgrading to build 28, I see the login screen as expected.

Mark

Thanks for the bar code. I was able to successfully upgrade the devices to Build 28 and resolve the original issue.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’