5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2017 12:04 AM by Darryn Campbell

Problem with Kiosk Mode / Fullscreen on tc51

Theo Lang

I am trying to bring a Kiosk Mode to an TC51. I tried with setting Kiosk mode in the enterprise home screen 2.5.1  and i tried to set fullscreen.

I still have home button and button for recent apps visible.

What am i doing wrong.

Thanks for anything that helps me.

• Re: Problem with Kiosk Mode / Fullscreen on tc51
          Darryn Campbell

Hi,

Yes, EHS full screen will not hide the home or recents key but you should find that if you press the home button the application does not get closed.  If the home key quits the application then you do not have kiosk mode enabled successfully.

For recent applications, in order to clear the list (say the device has been sent for repair and you want to ensure the device is returned to a clean state) you can use the App Manager's Action property with the following parameter: "Clear Recent Apps List".  App Manager - Zebra Technologies Techdocs .  That can be invoked either by an application or via StageNow during staging.

If you have not seen it, I also did a blog post about locking down your device a few months back: Locking down your device

Thanks.

Darryn Campbell

One more thing - sorry if it is obvious but when you enable kiosk mode, please ensure you also have USB debugging enabled, otherwise you have no way to exit EHS kiosk mode.

Theo Lang

Hello, meanwhile i am perfect in doing factory resets , so that is no problem.

Kiosk mode is working now. But its not a real kiosk mode. Home key is working fine but the "recent app key" allows to stop the application and

it restarts with the first activity, that is logon screen.

With UI i can also catch just the home button. startLocktask helps a litte bit but is also not perfect.

Next thing i could try is the new immersive mode.

Unfortunatly fullscreen in EHS does not work on my tc51.

Theo Lang

i found something for my problem to supress the recent app keys, working perfect for me.

Gives just a short flicker on the screen.

Permission in manifest :

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.REORDER_TASKS" />

Code in activity :

@Override
                      protected void onPause() {

super.onPause();

ActivityManager activityManager = (ActivityManager) getApplicationContext()

.getSystemService(Context.ACTIVITY_SERVICE);

activityManager
                      .moveTaskToFront(getTaskId(), 0);
                      }

Darryn Campbell

Thanks, that's all great feedback and I'll forward this thread to the Enterprise Home Screen product owner so hopefully these issues can be resolved in future releases.  Regarding the interaction with immersive mode or LockTask mode, EHS kiosk mode and lock task mode do very similar things and I wouldn't expect both to be used on the same device at the same time - you could of course use both at the same time but it is not a use case we generally test for.