logon cookie is missing when  using Enterprise Browser

We are trying to migrate an ITS SAP application from an Intermec browser of CN51 to an EB v1.7 on TC51.

When logging in,  we get the "Logon with URL parameter not possible;logon cookie is missing" message.

When using default android browser of TC51, we are able to login fine.

We tried the authenication of username and password on the config.xml file but it does not work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Joydeep Chakraborty
Can you please share the ADB

Can you please share the ADB log setting LOGTRACE to 1 in EB config.xml.

Please also share the config.xml you are using.

Regards,

Joydeep

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Arnold Joseph B...
Attached is the Config.xml

Attached is the Config.xml file and I still have to get back to customer to get the log trace. Thanks!

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Glenn Sayer
Arnold,Couple of things.  It

Arnold,

Couple of things. 

It looks like your config.xml is not a 1.7 version.  Did you upgrade the EB version without updating the config.xml?   I would move to the 1.7 config.xml file.

There are several new cookie features in the config.xml in 1.7 that you might want to play with.

Sometime in the the SAP world it is not an issue with keeping the cookies as much is that past cookies are not being deleted and could be causing the issue.  Might want to try setting the option to delete cookies on exit and see if that helps.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Arnold Joseph B...
Hi Glenn,I just used the

Hi Glenn,

I just used the adb pull to get the Config.xml from the EB v1.7 that was installed on the TC51 and then edited the file.

For the “delete cookies after exit”, we did try to enable it but still the same problem.

There were a lot of results when doing google search but more of adjustments to the SAP environment.

Arnold

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Glenn Sayer
Some other things to try,make

Some other things to try,

make sure the date time are correct.

change the user agent to match a browsers that is working.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Joydeep Chakraborty
Please share the adb log with

Please share the adb log with logtrace once you get them.

Can you please send the video on how it is working on Android stock browser.

Is there any certificate warning? How is the url string passed in stock browser?

In the mean time please try the following.

1.Set Verifypeercetificate to 0 in config.xml

2.Set up correct device date and time

3.Try with passing client number and language in the url an also changing the url with different combination.

https://IP_ADDRESS:PORT_NO/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/zebra_service/?sap-client=811&sap-language=EN

4.Please also try to launch in EB just after rebooting the device making sure you have not logged in to the same SAP page from other browsers when you are trying from EB.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Arnold Joseph B...
Hi Joydeep,Sorry, already

Hi Joydeep,

Sorry, already left the customer when your comment came in.

They gave me 2 SAP ITS server URL’s startpage (lberpqas and clerpcdbdr) to try and both have still the same result.

Attached are the logs and the Config.xml file.

Thanks,

Arnold

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Petr Stejskal
I think that this has more to

I think that this has more to do with the ITS service configuraiton, rather than the browser config, but I'm not sure 100%.

I'd check the login plugin's configuration on SAP side.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Arnold Joseph B...
The thing is, it is working

The thing is, it is working on the default Android Web Browser of TC51 but not on our Enterprise browser.

Customer also do not want us to  change anything on their ITS SAP configuration since it might affect their existing operations on CN51 and CK3's. 

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Remco van 't Land
Hi guys,I'm running into a

Hi guys,

I'm running into a similar issue. We use Enterprise Browser to connect to our .NET Web application and in 1.7 it loses the session whenever we change pages.

We check if the client is logged in and save this in the session, so the following happens:

1. Client logs in on login page
  2. Page confirms logging in, saves it in the session and redirects to data page.
  3. Client arrives at data page which sees there’s no session/login and redirects back to login page.

We also use a 1.5 Config.xml as a base, but as Glenn didn't mention any specific new config keys that might affect this behaviour, I can't check it at this time. I did check the date/time and tried the verifypeercertificate adjustment - without result.

As there's no solution on this question, I figured I'd add my question to the stack.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon - we can't do a rollout with this version currently.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Joydeep Chakraborty
Hi Remco,Can you try EB 1.7

Hi Remco,

Can you try EB 1.7 config.xml?

Can you please share the config.xml you are using and also the reproduction scenario if possible?

Regards,

Joydeep

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Remco van 't Land
Hi Joydeep,You just beat me

Hi Joydeep,

You just beat me to it. I didn't have a config (I had received just the APK for 1.7), so I used the 1.5 version I had before. I received the 1.7 config just now and tested it and everything seems to work now.

Figuring out which key was causing it is something for the "nice to know" pile that I'll get to when I'm 72 I think.

I've attached a virgin config.xml just in case anybody else needs it.

Thanks for your reply though,

-Rem

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Joydeep Chakraborty
Thanks Remco,Good to know it

Thanks Remco,Good to know it is working now.

Can you please try the removing Cookies tag from the working config.xml(EB 1.7 based) and see whether it still works? Just to identify the tag here.

Regards,

Joydeep

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Arnold Joseph B...
Mine was fixed using the 1.7

Mine was fixed using the 1.7 config.xml

sent from mobile, pardon my brevity

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Pietro Francesc...
Please ALL,keep in mind that

Please ALL,

keep in mind that when you run for the first time EB on a device it creates its data folder with a new "default" Config.xml.

This does not happens if you have an existing EB's data folder (usually under /sdcard/Android/data/com.symbol.enterprisebrowser/").

It's a pain I know, but the safest bet with a new version of EB is to start with a fresh "default" Config.xml and manually make the configuration there. Visual Studio Code is very handy for that with the "Compare Active File With..." Command.

The Windows EB package includes a "Configuration Editor" that can be used to generate a new configuration, however I usually prefer to modify it manually... but that is just my personal preference.

best,

~Pietro

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’