9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2013 6:12 AM by Dave van der Veen

Android Device Build - apkbuilder.bat and apkbuilder.jar

Hi there,

I'm a newbie at Rhomobile suite

and i'm having a problem with android device building.

console says:

CMD: apkbuilder.bat C:/RHO/workspace/InventoryManagement/bin/target/android/InventoryManagement-tmp.apk -z C:/RHO/workspace/InventoryManagement/bin/rhodes.ap_ -f C:/RHO/workspace/InventoryManagement/bin/classes.dex

rake aborted!

No such file or directory - apkbuilder.bat

I couldn't find apkbuilder.bat file in android sdk tools folder.

Has anybody seen this message?

please help me!!!

• Re: Android Device Build
          Kutir Mobility

Hi Seho,

apkbuilder.bat ships with Android SDK. Its normally present at <android-sdk-directory>/tools directory.

Can you check whether you have setup Android SDK properly on your system.

Also make sure it's a latest one.

Surendran S

Kutir Mobility

I've downloaded Android SDK many times but I can't find the apkbuilder.bat file in tools directory.

this url http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html is I tried.

Could you please check this for me?

thank you

Pietro Francesco Maggi

Hi Seho,

Latest Android Tools (rev.22) removed the apkbuilder tools:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16620655/i-have-updated-android-sdk-to-rev-22-yesterday-and-there-is-no-apkbuilder-in-to

After updating to SDK Tools to rev. 22 for the first time, you may need to relaunch Android SDK Manager again and install a new item: Android SDK Build-tools.

After installing this, clean your projects and rebuild.

best regards

Pietro

Hi mate

Thank you for your kind advice but I've already tried those things and results were same..

First problem of the Rho Mobile suite build-configuration was that it was looking for a appt.exe filel in platform-tools directory which is not existed in that directory.

Actual location was /Your SDK location/build-tools/android-4.2.2/

I copied appt.exe file and lib directory into platform-tools directory so it went well.

Second problem was that APKBUILDER.BAT file.

the log says

PWD: C:/RHO/workspace/InventoryManagement/bin/tmp

CMD: "C:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.7.0/bin/jar.exe" uf C:/RHO/workspace/InventoryManagement/bin/rhodes.ap_ lib/armeabi/libekiohplatform.so lib/armeabi/libeklibrary.so lib/armeabi/libplugin.so lib/armeabi/librhodes.so lib/armeabi/libwebkit_ekioh.so

Building APK file...

PWD: C:/RHO/android/adt-bundle-windows-x86-20130522/sdk/tools

CMD: apkbuilder.bat C:/RHO/workspace/InventoryManagement/bin/target/android/InventoryManagement-tmp.apk -z C:/RHO/workspace/InventoryManagement/bin/rhodes.ap_ -f C:/RHO/workspace/InventoryManagement/bin/classes.dex

rake aborted!

No such file or directory - apkbuilder.bat

Tasks: TOP => run:android:device => device:android:debug

(See full trace by running task with --trace)

RET: 1

Error in build application. Build is terminated.

I think the Motorola should fix android build configuration with latest version of android SDK.

Finally, I could find apkbuilder.bat file from your link and I made apkbuilder.bat file in tools directory.

and build failed again with this log.

Building APK file...

PWD: C:/RHO/android/adt-bundle-windows-x86-20130522/sdk/tools

THIS TOOL IS DEPRECATED. See --help for more information.

rm -rf C:/RHO/workspace/InventoryManagement/bin/target/android/InventoryManagement-tmp.apk

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

1410 KB/s (12248205 bytes in 8.477s)

rake aborted!

No such process

Tasks: TOP => run:android:device

(See full trace by running task with --trace)

Align Debug APK file

Killing adb server

Starting adb server again

Loading package...

CMD: C:/RHO/android/adt-bundle-windows-x86-20130522/sdk/platform-tools/adb.exe -d install -r C:/RHO/workspace/InventoryManagement/bin/target/android/InventoryManagement-debug.apk

RET:  pkg: /data/local/tmp/InventoryManagement-debug.apk

RET:

RET: 1

Error in build application. Build is terminated.

any idea??

Hi Seho,

I'm also new to the Rhomobile suite and have spent the last few days applying the various tweaks to get things working.  My application is working fine via RhoSimulator but via the adb simulator, I'm getting exactly the same error as you:- 

rake aborted!

No such process

When I look at the emulator and click our application, the message displays saying "The application <application name> (process <process name>) has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again."

Have you had any luck in getting past this problem?   

Ali

Rob Richard

It's been 3 weeks since this post.  Did you fix it???  If so, how???

Dave van der Veen

I ran into the same problem after installing the newest SDK. Because the newest SDK relocated some build and platform files and removed apkbuilder.bat (it was deprecated for a while) building will not succeed. I solved the problem by going back to version 4.2.2 of the android sdk, revision 21 of the sdk tools and revision 16 of the platform tools.

You can accomplish it by following these steps:

Step 1: Delete Android SDK 4.3 and make sure version 4.2.2 or below is installed. Also delete Tools related to version 4.3

Step 2: download dl-ssl.google.com/android/repository/tools_r20-windows.zip

Step 3: Rename the tools directory in the android-sdk directory (for backup purpose in case something goes wrong)

Step 4: Create an new directory tools

Step 5: Unpack the downloaded file tools_r20-windows.zip and place the content in the directory tools

Step 6: Open SDKManager.exe and you will see you have revision 21 of the Android SDK Tools.

Step 7: Now download Android SDK Platform-tools from within the SDKManager.exe

Step 8: rake device:android:production --trace

• Re: Android Device Build - apkbuilder.bat and apkbuilder.jar

Hi

In order to use rhodes 3.5 you have several choices:

1. postpone upgrade Android SDK tools to r22

2. use github version from 3-5-stable branch:https://github.com/rhomobile/rhodes/tree/3-5-stable

3. Use latest public beta