3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2018 7:38 AM by Abby Gross

How to setup and use ZP450 (for non UPS)

Omar Miah

I got this at a bargain price.

But... the only drivers are for UPS.

(How did UPS manage to get their own dedicated printer?)

I want to download and use with Royal Mail (UK).

But then, I want to just use to make labels - non postage - for my own general purposes.

How do I do this?

EDIT: I've now tried everything...

Others have said to install as LP2844 and all is OK.

I did this... and it prints half the page in a minimised page size Word document (good sign I thought).

Then I installed Zebra Designer 2. No luck here. Doesn't print the correct size (roughly 7cm x 3 cm - it's all I have to test)...

Worse still... it prints garbage output.

Then I installed Zebra Browser Print app.

It opened a web page and said I needed to allow permissions. I did this.... then nothing. Absolutely nothing. Same everytime.

Now... when I try to print from Word... nothing - I get 100 pages of garbage output for one page.

HELP!

Thanks.

• Re: How to setup and use ZP450 (for non UPS)
          Robin West

Hi Omar,

Please use the ZebraDesigner GK420 (ZPL) driver for that printer.

You will likely need to set up the driver to the full size of your physical label.  Go into your printing preferences for the printer. (right click on the printer driver).  From there you can set the label size. 

If you are still getting garbage output, please take a picture of the "garbage" and paste it here.  It will help us determine the issue.

Robin

Abby Gross

Hi Robin - I believe I'm having a similar issue as Omar had. I'm wondering if your proposed instructions would work in my case as well...?

Currently, I have my ZP450 thermal printer set up to print 4x6 shipping labels from my UPS.com account. However, my e-commerce website is being completely redesigned so I need to add the functionality to this printer so that it will automatically print raw ZPL or EPL labels generated from the backend of my new site.

Here are a few details about my setup:

• My Operating System: Windows 7
              • Browser: Chrome
              • The new website is a WordPress website using WooCommerce for the e-commerce side of things
              • I am using this paid UPS WooCommerce plugin to output live UPS shipping rates in my site's checkout as well as to automatically generate UPS shipping labels as soon as an order is placed which can be printed directly from the backend of my WordPress site (rather than logging in to UPS.com and creating/printing them from there)
                • With this plugin, I am able to generate the labels in ZPL, EPL, GIF or PNG formats.
                • Currently, if ZPL format is chosen in the plugin's settings, it just downloads a ZPL text file to my computer's downloads folder when I click "print label" from the backend of my site, which I have no idea what to do with. I need the shipping label to automatically print on my ZP450 printer when I click this "print label" button
                • See screenshots at the bottom of this message
              • Shipping Labels should still be able to be printed from UPS.com when necessary in addition to the above needed setup

I've researched this topic high and low and spent countless hours trying to find the right solution - there's so much information out there, I'm not sure what to believe. I'm really hoping you can guide me on exactly what type of setup should work for me based on the information I provided above and provide detailed instructions. This is the last thing that I need to resolve before I can take my new website live.

Look forward to hearing from you and thanks in advance for your help!

Abby

A few of the plugin's settings options:

Screenshot of where I can click the "Print Label" button from the Backend of my WordPress website:

Abby Gross

Hi Omar - were you able to complete this setup successfully using Robin's notes? I think I'm having the same issue.

Thanks!

Abby