5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2018 1:39 PM by Robin West

2D Barcode ^B7 ALT E characters

Carlos Bueno

Hi All

Let say I have the following 2D barcode below. I want to add to it the characters ALT E.

Is it possible? I have not been able to find "ALT"...Also is ALT E two different characters, like one for ALT and one for E?

^XA^CF0,30 

^FO160,120^B7i,5,5,,83,N 

^FH^FDxxxxxxx 

^FS

^XZ

Thanks,

Carlos

• Re: 2D Barcode ^B7 ALT E characters
          Robin West

Hi Carlos,

The Alt key is similar to the Shift key in that it does not represent an actual character, but modifies input.  If you explained the use case a little more, maybe we could figure out something that would work.

Robin

Carlos Bueno

Hi Robin,

Well I am working with scan data from a page into a desktop application. While I am scanning a few items, i have already have most of it working but and at some point I am required to add the ALT E. This is actually a shortcut to click command on screen to a button that opens another panel for scanning more stuff into it. I want to activate that open new panel with this ALT E. Which is why I am looking to see whats is its representation in hex.

Thanks,

Carlos

Robin West

Hi Carlos,

You can try the below, but I'm not at all sure it will do what you want.  The best I could find for a hex representation for Alt key is U+2387. I'll keep looking.  Maybe our scanner team has an idea.

^XA^CF0,30

^FO160,120^B7i,5,5,,83,N

^FH\^FD\23\87E

^FS

^XZ

Carlos Bueno

Hi Robin,

I tried this but was unable to scan it even though it printed. This should follow this "xxxxxTABxxxxxTABxTABxxxxxTABxxxxxAltExxxxxCRxxxxxCRxxxxxCRxxxxx" where CR is just carriage return represented as _0A. All this works (prints and scans) as long as we dont include "\23\87E". This prevents scanning after printing it.

^XA^CF0,30

^FO60,60^B7i,5,5,,83,N

^FH\^FDFitzgerald_09Michael Barry_09M_0910/10/1980_09\23\87E22 Monread Heights_0ASallins Road_0ANaas_0ACo.Kildare

^FS

^XZ

Robin West

Hi Carlos,

We are trying to figure this out.  You are not the only one with this type of issue.  The problem is partially the fact that ALT really isn't a character and partially how a scanner reads and sends data as a keyboard to a PC.  We're working with the scanner team to figure out a good solution to this.