1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 16, 2013 11:09 PM by Hugo Estrada

Where are the instructions on connecting the Android simulator to the build?

Hi,

I normally would have searched more and googled more, but I am tired, and I suspect that some kind soul will know the answer here. I just started programming with RhoStudio. I want to create a build that will use the Android simulator. I have set up the paths in Preferences to go to the following:

Android sdk: C:/adt/sdk

Android nkd: C:/android-ndk/android-ndk-r8e

On the configuration build, I set up:

Platform: Android 2.1

Simulator: Simulator

AVD name: "empty"

When I run it the simulator doesn't start.

Is there a page that has detailed instructions on this? I believe I have followed the tutorial instructions quite closely.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Re: Where are the instructions on connecting the Android simulator to the build?

Ah, the plot thickens.

So I had not set up an AVD. Bad, bad of me. So I set up one. Then, it still fails.

So I eventually found the problem. The problem is that the latest Android sdk bundle has reorganized the files around. The second problem is that one of the tools apkbuild.bat, is no longer included. I hacked my way to getting the emulator to run by moving folders, renaming them, moving files, and even downloading an old version of apkbuild.bat.

So my guess is that this disconnect is a problem. Hopefully the latest version of Rhodes has fixed this problem.