"No service" message when on WiFi. By design or bug?

On our sample device the status bar shows "No Service" (see attached picture) whenever the device is connected to a wireless network, even if there is also a valid phone connection and the device can still make and receive calls and texts.  As soon as the wifi connection is turned off, the normal network provider details (in this case EE) appear again.
Is this the expected behaviour or should I raise a bug report somewhere for this?

Ritesh Gupta
Steve,It sounds like a bug. 

Steve,

It sounds like a bug.  Could you please let us know what version of the software you have loaded on the device?

, : have you guys seen this issue on your devices?

Thanks,

Ritesh

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Larry Dykes
No SIM in mine right now.. so

No SIM in mine right now.. so I can't duplicate it but I can tell you the "No SIM card" will obscure the problem - must have a SIM card to test with or you will not see the problem.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Larry Dykes
OK, stole SIM from my AT&T

OK, stole SIM from my AT&T phone to use for testing ... used Steve's JPG (very useful, thanks Steve! )

Here's what I am seeing.. Starting with WLAN on...

.. AT&T in upper left, followed by USB connection icon (not in debug mode, as shown in Steve's JPG) then "muted" icon, WLAN connected icon, telephony signal strength (4 bars in my case), then battery icon and time..

then I turn OFF my WLAN..

-- everything stays the same EXCEPT -- the WLAN connected icon shows no connection and then is REPLACED by the 4G data icon.... no message of any kind.

then I turn ON my WLAN again..

- only change is the 4G data icon is replaced again by the WLAN connected icon.. still no message.

CONCLUSION - none possible so far.  SUSPECT -  Steve you are on different build or there is something in your config different from mine.

I am running build "32" specifically, BUILD NUMBER reads "130716-SI-1800EN-01.32-15443J-4.1.2-user"

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Steve Gardner
OK.  I've just checked and

OK.  I've just checked and can still reproduce this.
I am in the UK, and on have an  EE sim.  I'll try and test with sims from other networks later today. 

My build number is "130628-SI-1800EN-01.29-15443J-4.1.2-user"  so is that build 29? 

Its the build that the device arrived with when it arrived a week or so ago. I am happy to try upgrading to the latest build to see if that resolves the issue. Is build 32 the latest build?

Steve

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Steve Gardner
If I use a Vodafone sim, the 

If I use a Vodafone sim, the  "No Service" message does not occur.
Putting the EE sim back in causes it to recurr.

Can someone let me where to get hold of the latest build, so that I can see if that makes any difference?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mark Jolley
Steve, use these barcodes to

Steve, use these barcodes to upgrade.

Go to rapid deployment tool and scan them one by one, will take about 20 mins to download the firmware.

Mark

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Steve Gardner
I've upgraded to the latest

I've upgraded to the latest build - my build number is now: SI-1800EN-01.32-15443J-4.1.4-user.  The issue is still occuring on the  EE network.
I also tried the Sim in a different device (an ET1 as it happens).  Here the network was shown correctly even on WiFi, so it is not something strage about the SIM/cell I am on.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Darryn Campbell
Installing build 35 this

Installing build 35 this morning seems to have resolved this issue.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’