59 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2014 9:08 AM by Mark Nongkhlaw

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 coming up with blank screen

David Gorst

I've got a customer with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, running Android 4.2.2 Stock samsung rom.

When they go to load our app it comes up like the image below. This is strange as it runs on Samsung Galaxy S 4 phones running Android 4.2.2 just fine. Unfortunately I am unable to get hold of the device to try and read the logs as it is in New Zealand and I am in Australia. Has anyone else had an issue like this or could try point me in the right direction?

The tablet is a WiFi only version, does it on multiple networks so it doesn't seem to be a connectivity issue. This also happens with another of our apps developed with Rhodes on the same tablet. There isn't any antivirus / firewall apps running that the customer can see. (I may need to remote into it to check for sure using TeamViewer)

The Rhodes version in use is 3.5.12

Any help would be appreciated

?ui=2&ik=5c4a82af43&view=att&th=1415def20394eb5b&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-zQRB6Xe4QtQT0OkQVeoMM&sadet=1380521514596&sads=71h5NkcZDpu0B8OloXoV42qmKes&sadssc=1

• Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 coming up with blank screen
          Kutir Mobility

David,

Its looks like a splash screen image path issue.

Can you please re-attach the image you posted for this question.

Thank you.

Kutir Mobility

You can set logserver in your build.yml and deploy this app somewhere:

rhomobile/rhologs · GitHub

That will allow your end user to send you the logs from the app itself and you'll have a better idea of what's going on

Thanks,

Javier

Kutir Mobility

Rob Richard

I just created a bare-bones, generic app in RMS 4.0 and tried to run it on the Galaxy Tab 3.  Same deal - blank screen with the title bar and that's it.  RhoMobile guys?  Any ideas here???

• Re: Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 coming up with blank screen
                  Rob Richard

Not sure if this is helpful, but I've attached the output from the console while trying to run the app on the tablet.

Glenn Sayer

Almost looks like you don't have permission to access the below file.

/data/data/com.rhomobile.galtab3/rhodata/rho.dat

Rob Richard

Thanks Glenn.  It seems to be Galaxy Tab 3 specific.  How could we resolve this issue?

Hi Glenn,

Would you please rebuild your app with this line at build.yml

debug: 1

and at rhoconfig.txt

MinSeverity=0

and post adb output here

• Re: Re: Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 coming up with blank screen
                                Rob Richard

Alexey:

Attached is the output.  Please let me know if this is sufficient or if you need more.

Rob

Jon Tara

Seeing a lot of jQuery Mobile complaints about Android 4.2 and 4.3. Don't really have anything specific, though.

Hi Rob. Unfortunately it did not make things clear...

I added some excessive log traces to FS stat table initialization at master branch.

Would you please build your app with latest master and post log?

• Re: Re: Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 coming up with blank screen
                                          Rob Richard

Ok, I sure would if I could.  I went out, grabbed master branch, built and installed the gem, then ran the app.  I get:

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhoconnect-client-4.0.0/ext/rhoconnect-client/ext/shared/sync/SyncThread.cpp: In function 'long unsigned int rho_sync_doSearch(long unsigned int, char const*, char const*, bool, int, const rho::apiGenerator::CMethodResult&)':

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhoconnect-client-4.0.0/ext/rhoconnect-client/ext/shared/sync/SyncThread.cpp:324:61: error: invalid conversion from 'void (*)(char const*, void*)' to 'void (*)(char const*, int, void*)' [-fpermissive]

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.0.0/platform/shared/ruby/ext/rho/rhoruby.h:129:6: error:   initializing argument 2 of 'void rho_ruby_enum_strary(VALUE, void (*)(char const*, int, void*), void*)' [-fpermissive]

rake aborted!

Cannot build C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhoconnect-client-4.0.0/lib/../ext/rhoconnect-client/ext

Tasks: TOP => run:android:device => device:android:debug => package:android => build:android:all => build:android:rhobundle => build:android:extensions

(See full trace by running task with --trace)

RET: 1

Error in build application. Build is terminated.

To make things even worse, I went out and pulled rhoconnect-client and built that gem - it built as 4.0.0.beta.55 

C:\Users\Rob\Downloads\rhoconnect-client-master>rake gem:make_gem

RUBY VERSION: 1.9.3

cd C:/Users/Rob/Downloads/rhoconnect-client-master

$rho_root is C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes

cd C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.0.0

Configure build

Removing old gem

rm -rf

Copying Rakefile

Building manifest

mkdir -p ./tmp

Loading gemspec

Building gem

Successfully built RubyGem

Name: rhoconnect-client

Version: 4.0.0.beta.55

File: rhoconnect-client-4.0.0.beta.55.gem

This would almost be funny if it wasn't such a pain in the ass

Yes, our build system became more and more complicated...

First of all you do not need to build rhodes gem. This will save your time. Just add to build.yml next line

sdk: /path/to/rhodes-repo

In order to not deal with adopting your application with new rhodes, try just generate new generic app using master rhodes without rhoconnect-client and start it at Galaxy Tab3.

Rob Richard

I'm afraid I don't follow.  What path am I looking for exactly?  An uncompressed master branch in a folder somewhere, or something different?

Yes, uncompressed master branch folder.

At my mac it is next:

sdk: /Users/lexis_tikh/rhomobile/rhodes

This is a folder where rhobuild.yml file is

Rob Richard

I'm trying everything I can, but apparently the code checked in to github is hosed - I can't get rhodes master to use rhoconnect-client master - someone screwed something up.  Don't you guys test this stuff before checking it back in?  So I have to wait until the above error is fixed to provide you any details - sorry.  But this is a seriously urgent issue for me - I'm losing sleep over this, seriously....

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhoconnect-client-4.0.0/ext/rhoconnect-client/ext/shared/initRhoconnectClient.cpp: In member function 'virtual long unsigned int RhoConnectClientRhodesInterfaceImpl::login(char const*, char const*, char const*)':

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhoconnect-client-4.0.0/ext/rhoconnect-client/ext/shared/initRhoconnectClient.cpp:98:93: warning: declaration of 'login' shadows a member of 'this' [-Wshadow]

RET: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RET: C:/Android/android-ndk-r9/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/prebuilt/windows-x86_64/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-g++.exe --sysroot C:/Android/android-ndk-r9/platforms/android-18/arch-arm -fPIC -Wall -Wextra -Wno-psabi -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-unused -mandroid -DANDROID -DOS_ANDROID -DRHO_DEBUG -g -O1 -fstack-protector-all -D_DEBUG -Winit-self -Wshadow -Wcast-align -Wvla -Wstack-protector -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -std=c++11 -Wno-reorder -I. -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/android/Rhodes/jni/include" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared/ruby/include" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared/common" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared/sync" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared/rubyext" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/lib/commonAPI/coreapi/ext/shared" -I"C:/Android/android-ndk-r9/sources/cxx-stl/stlport/stlport" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared/ruby/android" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared/ruby/generated" -I"C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhoconnect-client-4.0.0/ext/rhoconnect-client/ext/shared" -c "C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhoconnect-client-4.0.0/ext/rhoconnect-client/ext/shared/sync/ClientRegister.cpp" -o "C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/GalTab3/bin/tmp/rhoconnect-client/ClientRegister.cpp.o"

RET: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RET: C:/Android/android-ndk-r9/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/prebuilt/windows-x86_64/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-g++.exe --sysroot C:/Android/android-ndk-r9/platforms/android-18/arch-arm -fPIC -Wall -Wextra -Wno-psabi -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-unused -mandroid -DANDROID -DOS_ANDROID -DRHO_DEBUG -g -O1 -fstack-protector-all -D_DEBUG -Winit-self -Wshadow -Wcast-align -Wvla -Wstack-protector -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -std=c++11 -Wno-reorder -I. -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/android/Rhodes/jni/include" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared/ruby/include" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared/common" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared/sync" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared/rubyext" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/lib/commonAPI/coreapi/ext/shared" -I"C:/Android/android-ndk-r9/sources/cxx-stl/stlport/stlport" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared/ruby/android" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared/ruby/generated" -I"C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhoconnect-client-4.0.0/ext/rhoconnect-client/ext/shared" -c "C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhoconnect-client-4.0.0/ext/rhoconnect-client/ext/shared/sync/SyncEngine.cpp" -o "C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/GalTab3/bin/tmp/rhoconnect-client/SyncEngine.cpp.o"

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhoconnect-client-4.0.0/ext/rhoconnect-client/ext/shared/sync/SyncEngine.cpp: In member function 'void rho::sync::CSyncEngine::login(rho::String, rho::String, const rho::sync::CSyncNotification&)':

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhoconnect-client-4.0.0/ext/rhoconnect-client/ext/shared/sync/SyncEngine.cpp:1095:37: warning: declaration of 'resp' shadows a previous local [-Wshadow-compatible-local]

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhoconnect-client-4.0.0/ext/rhoconnect-client/ext/shared/sync/SyncEngine.cpp:1052:17: warning: shadowed declaration is here [-Wshadow-compatible-local]

RET: C:/Android/android-ndk-r9/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/prebuilt/windows-x86_64/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-g++.exe --sysroot C:/Android/android-ndk-r9/platforms/android-18/arch-arm -fPIC -Wall -Wextra -Wno-psabi -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-unused -mandroid -DANDROID -DOS_ANDROID -DRHO_DEBUG -g -O1 -fstack-protector-all -D_DEBUG -Winit-self -Wshadow -Wcast-align -Wvla -Wstack-protector -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -std=c++11 -Wno-reorder -I. -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/android/Rhodes/jni/include" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared/ruby/include" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared/common" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared/sync" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared/rubyext" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/lib/commonAPI/coreapi/ext/shared" -I"C:/Android/android-ndk-r9/sources/cxx-stl/stlport/stlport" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared/ruby/android" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared/ruby/generated" -I"C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhoconnect-client-4.0.0/ext/rhoconnect-client/ext/shared" -c "C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhoconnect-client-4.0.0/ext/rhoconnect-client/ext/shared/sync/SyncNotify.cpp" -o "C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/GalTab3/bin/tmp/rhoconnect-client/SyncNotify.cpp.o"

RET: C:/Android/android-ndk-r9/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/prebuilt/windows-x86_64/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-g++.exe --sysroot C:/Android/android-ndk-r9/platforms/android-18/arch-arm -fPIC -Wall -Wextra -Wno-psabi -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-unused -mandroid -DANDROID -DOS_ANDROID -DRHO_DEBUG -g -O1 -fstack-protector-all -D_DEBUG -Winit-self -Wshadow -Wcast-align -Wvla -Wstack-protector -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -std=c++11 -Wno-reorder -I. -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/android/Rhodes/jni/include" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared/ruby/include" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared/common" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared/sync" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared/rubyext" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/lib/commonAPI/coreapi/ext/shared" -I"C:/Android/android-ndk-r9/sources/cxx-stl/stlport/stlport" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared/ruby/android" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared/ruby/generated" -I"C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhoconnect-client-4.0.0/ext/rhoconnect-client/ext/shared" -c "C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhoconnect-client-4.0.0/ext/rhoconnect-client/ext/shared/sync/SyncSource.cpp" -o "C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/GalTab3/bin/tmp/rhoconnect-client/SyncSource.cpp.o"

RET: C:/Android/android-ndk-r9/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/prebuilt/windows-x86_64/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-g++.exe --sysroot C:/Android/android-ndk-r9/platforms/android-18/arch-arm -fPIC -Wall -Wextra -Wno-psabi -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-unused -mandroid -DANDROID -DOS_ANDROID -DRHO_DEBUG -g -O1 -fstack-protector-all -D_DEBUG -Winit-self -Wshadow -Wcast-align -Wvla -Wstack-protector -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -std=c++11 -Wno-reorder -I. -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/android/Rhodes/jni/include" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared/ruby/include" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared/common" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared/sync" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared/rubyext" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/lib/commonAPI/coreapi/ext/shared" -I"C:/Android/android-ndk-r9/sources/cxx-stl/stlport/stlport" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared/ruby/android" -I"C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared/ruby/generated" -I"C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhoconnect-client-4.0.0/ext/rhoconnect-client/ext/shared" -c "C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhoconnect-client-4.0.0/ext/rhoconnect-client/ext/shared/sync/SyncThread.cpp" -o "C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/GalTab3/bin/tmp/rhoconnect-client/SyncThread.cpp.o"

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhoconnect-client-4.0.0/ext/rhoconnect-client/ext/shared/sync/SyncThread.cpp: In function 'long unsigned int rho_sync_doSearch(long unsigned int, char const*, char const*, bool, int, const rho::apiGenerator::CMethodResult&)':

C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhoconnect-client-4.0.0/ext/rhoconnect-client/ext/shared/sync/SyncThread.cpp:324:61: error: invalid conversion from 'void (*)(char const*, void*)' to 'void (*)(char const*, int, void*)' [-fpermissive]

C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/shared/ruby/ext/rho/rhoruby.h:129:6: error:   initializing argument 2 of 'void rho_ruby_enum_strary(VALUE, void (*)(char const*, int, void*), void*)' [-fpermissive]

rake aborted!

Cannot build C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhoconnect-client-4.0.0/lib/../ext/rhoconnect-client/ext

C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/android/build/android.rake:828:in `block (4 levels) in <top (required)>'

C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/android/build/android.rake:812:in `each'

C:/Users/Rob/rhostudio/Orion/rhodes-master/platform/android/build/android.rake:812:in `block (3 levels) in <top (required)>'

Tasks: TOP => run:android:device => device:android:debug => package:android => build:android:all => build:android:rhobundle => build:android:extensions

(See full trace by running task with --trace)

Kutir Mobility

can you attach the full build log?

rake run:android:device 2>1 > buildlog.txt

maybe we'll find something there