2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2016 3:58 AM by erika contiero

Rhoconnect set admin password fails

Tahir Zamir

Hi,

rhoconnect 3.4.5

centos 6.4

I'm trying to set a password for rhoconnect. 

Using the webconsole nothing seems to happen and a password is not created.

Within a command shell, rhoconnect prompts for the existing username and password which are "rhoadmin" and blank.  At this point the following is seen:-

Token is saved in: /home/.../.rhoconnect_token

and then for the new password.  It fails setting the new password with:-

Run rhoconnect command error: 500 Internal Server Error: undefined method 'update' for nil:NilClass

I don't know if this has any bearing but I am executing the set-admin-password from the folder which contains my rhoconnect app.  If I run it outside of this folder then the command returns with, "settings.yml" not found.  Does settings.yml need something specific to effect a change of password?

Regards,

Tahir

• Re: Rhoconnect set admin password fails

Yes it's likely that command broke with some changes to 3rd party library RestClient.  Easiest thing to do is change it through the web console.

• Re: Rhoconnect set admin password fails
            erika contiero

Hi Tahir,

I had the same problem on rhoconnect v.4 and v.5.1.1, and when I was looking for a solution I found your question here.

I solved this issue using the direct RestClient call to change the password:  RestClient.put("#{server}/rc/v1/users/rhoadmin"...

I attach the ruby file, you can set your parameters inside it and then you can execute this (with a shell on a machine that can reach your rhoconnect) with the command:

ruby set_admin_password.rb

Maybe now this information is no longer useful for you, but if someone have to solve the same problem can try this workaround.

Bye!

Erika