I am also having the same issue with our splash screens.
What format is the image?
bmp and converted to hex
Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® II, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
The splash screen creation for CE7 is different from previous devices. Here are the steps I use for a MC920, and also attached a zip file.
MC9290 Splash Screen
How to Doc
- Create a BMP file 240 pixels wide by 296 pixels high.
- Save that BMP as a 24 bit (true color) file in Paint or other graphics program.
- Run the 24 bit file through the msg.exe utility.
- msg.exe -x16 splashtgtVGA.bmp splash16.bmp
- Run the output from the msg utility through the romtohex.exe utility.
- romtohex -p 29 splash16.bmp splash.hex
- Load the hex image with USBDownloader to OSUpdate.
Sample Batch File:
msg -x16 splashtgt24.bmp splash16.bmp
romtohex -p 29 splash16.bmp splash.hex
SplashKit.zip 53.1 K