8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2013 6:06 AM by Ruben Ruben

Signature Capture working in 4.0?

Ruben Ruben

Hi,

I've been trying for a couple hours to get to work the Signature Capture feature included in the older version of the API within a 4.0 RhoMobile App, with no success. Following the Ruby examples, it seems like Rho::SignatureCapture is missing a require.

When I try to use it through Javascript, I'm not really what to include (docs seem a little confusing about this matter), or how to pass those parameters.

Is this possible in the newest version of the API? is there any up-to-date documentation on how to do this in 4.0?

Thanks!

• Re: Signature Capture working in 4.0?

Hi,

Please use the following test snippet for signature capture.

https://github.com/rhomobile/RMS-Testing/blob/master/manual/other/2.2_API_Test/RhodesTestApp/app/SignatureInline/controller.rb

and need to add capabilities as signature in build.yml for signature to work.

Currently the new common api is not available for signature will be coming in next release.

Regards,

Patro

Ruben Ruben

Tried this test, also no success.

I keep getting "Error Loading Page" when I try to start the Capture. I've tried setting the build.yml to support the required features, but could you please tell me what those are or point me to somewhere in the docs to read it?

Thanks!

Hi Just tried on MC40 Android device and signature capture works for me.

Please go to the sample folder of installed location of RMS4.0 on your machine. (signature capture test is implemented in this sample)

:\MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0.3\samples\rhodes-system-api-samples

Build this application and provide signature under capability in build.yml for building.

And check for signature capture works for you or not.

Can you Please let me know which version of RMS you are using, on which device are you trying make this work??

Regards,

Patro

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      Ruben Ruben

I can confirm it works using the rhodes-system-api-samples. I'll try to see what i'm missing in the build.yml or somewhere else, and report back.

Thanks.

Ruben Ruben

I've tried adding everything I see slightly related with Signature Capture my project's build.yml file, but still, I cant get it to work. I would go on trying to add stuff, but on my computer, it takes ~30 min to compile. Rhosimulator doesn't seem to support the signature capture (it won't work with rhodes-system-api-samples either, I had to build it for my android phone)

Is there any other way I can figure out what i'm missing? any suggestions on what it might be?

Btw, i'm running the tests on a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, and developing using RhoStudio 4.0.0.

Thanks!

Ruben Ruben

I'm remembering that when I created the project, I didn't select "Use RhoElements". Do I have to add anything manually to be able to use RhoElements?

In build.yml, only signature need to mention under capabilities like (apptype rhoelements is not required)

capabilities:

- signature

This is my build.yml which works perfectly for rhodes-system-api-samples (Signature works, I tried no on my nexus Android 4.1)

---

#app_type: rhoelements

name: rhodes-system-api-samples

capabilities:

- gps

- pim

- camera

- vibrate

- phone

- bluetooth

- calendar

- signature

#- native_browser

#- motorola_browser

bbver: 5.0

#sdk: ../rhodes

applog: rholog.txt

version: 1.0.7

vendor: rhomobile

android:

extensions: ["barcode"]

capabilities:

- network_state

- sdcard

- calendar

version: 4.2.2

#apikey: GoogleApiKey

extensions: ["json", "rhoxml", "rhodes_translator", "rhoconnect-client"]

Note: Don’t clean each time during application building, it will take lesser time (but in any cases it does not take 30 mins to build)

If still it does not work, is it possible for you send me the code snippet

Regards,

Patro