3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2013 3:46 AM by Mark Nongkhlaw

How to use JQueryMobile on Window Phone 8?

I've developed a RhoMobile app using controls from JQueryMobile.  The components include Buttons, Lists and NavBars.

The UI's look good as expected on iOS and Android ... but all the JQueryMobile features are stripped out on Windows Phone 8.  It's ugly.

How do I include JQM into my WP8 build?  Is there anything I can do?  Or am I not allowed to use JQM for Windows Phone?

Please help, as I don't want to have to write a different version for WP8.

• Re: How to use JQueryMobile on Window Phone 8?
          Pietro Francesco Maggi

You probably need to modify the default layout.erb.

I'm sure that the default layout.erb code does not includes the JQM mobile for Windows Mobile. I'm not sure about WP8.

~Pietro

Yes, I'm sure that's it.  We haven't tested yet, but fixing it should be trivial.

Thank you!

Mark Nongkhlaw

I'm sure that the default layout.erb code does not includes the JQM mobile for Windows Mobile.

My app is a pure Rhodes app, not RhoElements, pure Ruby with only 1 JQM control.

Its interesting to see that when I use the default layout.erb for WM and when built locally, the JQM control don't show up and is ignored gracefully. When I push the same project up to Rhohub, and build it there, it looks like Rhohub replaces my layout.erb and that build makes the JQM control to show up. In addition, the app was converted into a RhoElements app (fortunately, I had a RE license for my device).

One side effect of this is that searching and retrieving data from a webservice has become too slow (and sometimes impossible), most probably because the JQM/RhoElements webkit is now taking up a lot of device memory.

Most probably its because of this that JQM/webkit has not been included by default for WM builds. Please correct me if I am wrong, but if that is true, then shouldn't the same be removed by default for WM builds at Rhohub?