3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2013 3:33 PM by Peter Arcuri

Cost please

Darrell Coffey

I just received pricing today that was shocking, can someone verify this is right?

I was looking at using andoid and ipads to replace some pcs to access my some of my software data, the price I received today is $90 per device for rhoelements and $140 per device for RhoConnect. So $230 per license then another $200-$400 for a pad is crazy.

At this price, a Mini PC is way cheaper. Am I missing something?

• Re: Cost please
          Peter Arcuri

That is list price for device licensing. Device license serves one or many Rho apps at any given time on the device. If you plan on running one application, then suggest you ask for "application license", it is much more cost effective for that model.

Darrell Coffey

Thank you for taking the time to reply! That is exactly what I asked for, being new to this I was informed of the license models and figured that "application" license was the route for me as I would only build one app that a facility could use. I specifically asked for "application" license and that was the pricing I got.

I have yet to hear from Motorola sales (several weeks now) Can someone recommend where I can go who understands the license models? Here is the part number I was asking for "SW-RHOBV4-PA" This was what I thought was RhoElements /Connect Version 4 App License per device.

I also tried bluestar and they wanted the device serial number, from reading it seems they would want the "Application Name" not my android serial number?

Peter Arcuri

That part number will provide application license for both RhoElements and RhoConnect v4.

Device serial number is not required but EXACT name of application and the number of licenses. Once the order is submitted to MSI a key with embedded encrypted app name will be provided. Bluestar and ScanSource should be aware of the proeces.

If encountering any setback, provide your location and I will try to engage the proper sales team.