13 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2013 10:18 AM by Lars Burgess

Has webkit been excluded for WM builds at Rhohub?

Mark Nongkhlaw

Today, I did a WM build at Rhohub. My app is a pure Rhodes (not RhoElements) app, and does not use any features that require a RhoElements license, except for a small JQM list "filter items" control. In previous builds, this control showed up, though of course it required webkit which I believe was bundled along with the build (of course it asked for a RhoElements license, which I provided).

Surprisingly in today's build, as soon as the app was run on the device, it again prompted for a RE license, but the interface looks like a non-webkit one and the JQM control doesn't show up anymore.

Has webkit been excluded for WM builds at Rhohub? If yes, then why is the app asking for a RE license?

BTW, what has happened to my previous device license? Did it get "uninstalled" when I uninstalled the previous (webkit) version of the app?

• Re: Has webkit been excluded for WM builds at Rhohub?

That's strange, full rhoelements support is there for 2.2 (4.0 is coming soon).  Can you paste the relevant portion of your build.yml?

Mark Nongkhlaw

Lars, what I'll do is try another build. I'll keep you posted. Right now I don't have access to build.yml, but I've never changed it.

Meanwhile, I'd like to know when we can expect support for 4.0 at Rhohub. Also, I believe webkit is not used by default for RE 4.0 in case of WM, so what would the scenario be at Rhohub? will there be an option to build with/without webkit? And for WM apps that dont need or use webkit and other paid features, will the Rhohub build still popup the nagging screen? I'm looking for some fine-grained controls here...

Lastly, but more importantly, will there be support for WP8 in Rhohub 4.0?

Meanwhile, I'd like to know when we can expect support for 4.0 at Rhohub.

We're in the process of updating the build cloud to support RMS 4.0 builds.  There was a significant change in the build process for 4.0 that requires a lot of retooling in our build cloud (and a lot of testing!).  Our hope is to get it out by the end of the year, but we want it to be as stable as possible so that's why it's going through so much testing. 

Also, I believe webkit is not used by default for RE 4.0 in case of WM, so what would the scenario be at Rhohub? will there be an option to build with/without webkit? And for WM apps that dont need or use webkit and other paid features, will the Rhohub build still popup the nagging screen? I'm looking for some fine-grained controls here...

RhoHub is no different from building on your local machine when it comes to licensing.  If you want to use licensed features, you'll need to purchase a license and add it to your build configuration that's in your git repo for your app.  Then RhoHub can pick it up and use it when it builds.  Remember that WM support is a licensed feature, so even if you're not using webkit you still need a license for the app and/or device:  Rhomobile | Licensing

Lastly, but more importantly, will there be support for WP8 in Rhohub 4.0?

Yes, but this won't be coming until 2014.

• Re: Re: Has webkit been excluded for WM builds at Rhohub?
                  Mark Nongkhlaw

OK, I finally got round to trying another WM build @ Rhohub. The same behaviour was observed, it doesn't have the webkit look, and it asks for a RE license. But the app functions OK.

Then, I exited the app, then launched it again. Now, trying to tap on any of the links on the main index page or even refresh button or home button returns this popup error message:

Pop Up Window Title : Internet Explorer

The page you are looking for cannot be found due to unknown error 0x80004005

Next, I uninstall the app. Then I had an older Rhohub build and installed that instead. Now, the webkit makes a comeback, and my device license is also flashed on screen. Everything as expected.

I am attaching the build log. Maybe you can find out what exactly went awry.

• Re: Re: Re: Has webkit been excluded for WM builds at Rhohub?

What does your build.yml look like?  The fact that it isn't building with webkit means something is likely wrong with the build.yml.  Make sure you have "app_type: rhoelements" in your build.yml at the top level, i.e.:

sdkversion: 3.3.2
                      name: auto_common_spec
                      app_type: rhoelements

Mark Nongkhlaw

My previous build.yml for which Rhohub built correctly with webkit didn't have "app_type: rhoelements" in it. Same was the case with Win32 builds. They worked as expected.

But just for kicks, I added that entry in the build.yml and went ahead to build for WM.

When the app was launched in device, an error popup with title Config Error and with message "RhoElelements could not find Config.xml (file://)" appeared. I went ahead to dismiss that error popup, the app then went ahead to display the initialization screens (loading of intial data), and then "Please provide RhoElements License key" popup appeared. I dismissed that and then the top level index.erb appeared but without webkit.

From my experience above, I suspect that there might have been some recent changes at Rhohub because my last successful build which included webkit didn't have "app_type: Rhoelements" and didn't have Config.xml and it never prompted me with a "Please provide RhoElements License key" popup. Instead, my license was flashed briefly, and the JQM control also functioned OK.

My previous build.yml for which Rhohub built correctly with webkit didn't have "app_type: rhoelements" in it. Same was the case with Win32 builds. They worked as expected.

Did you build it with a different sdk version from the drop down? 

From my experience above, I suspect that there might have been some recent changes at Rhohub because my last successful build which included webkit didn't have "app_type: Rhoelements" and didn't have Config.xml and it never prompted me with a "Please provide RhoElements License key" popup. Instead, my license was flashed briefly, and the JQM control also functioned OK.

We haven't changed the build slave stack for Windows Mobile since RMS 2.2 (rhodes 3.5) was released so that's very strange if it was working and all of a sudden stopped working with no code/setting changes.  I'm afraid there's not much else I can help with without knowing the relevant build.yml settings and other options selected when you performed the build.

Mark Nongkhlaw

No, I build with exact same version i.e. 3.5.1.13 all the time.

Here's my build.yml (without app_type:rhoelements) which previously worked :

#sdk: "f:/RhoStudio/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rhodes-3.3.2"

#sdkversion: 3.3.2

name: OASIS MOBILE

version: 1.0

vendor: NIC

build: production

bbver: 4.6

applog: rholog.txt

iphone:

configuration: Release

sdk: iphonesimulator5.0

provisionprofile:

codesignidentity:

entitlements:

BundleIdentifier: com.rhomobile.oasismobile

BundleURLScheme: oasismobile

wp:

productid: e44cc2f0-e44e-012f-b5ca-001731729bd8

symbian:

uid: 3967168126

android:

emulator: emulator4.0.3

extensions:

- rhodes_translator

- json

- another-extension

capabilities:

- phone

- network_state