unable to turn on the device

Hi,

after the discharge of the battery in the device I can not charge the battery and turn on the device.

when device is connected via USB (to charger 5V 2.1A or to PC), we have:

1. led status - slow blinking amber (for about 20 second)

2. led status - slow blinking green and orange keyboard button is blinking

I took the battery out of the device - did not help.

I'm going to read documentation on compass... maybe there is a way to reboot or something.

any advice for me?

Thanks

Andrzej

Anonymous (not verified)
Andrzej,You need to use the

Andrzej,

You need to use the charging cable, device does not charge using regular USB connector.

Please confirm cable you are using and if a charging cable arrived with your device.

Ana

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Andrzej Raczkowski
Yes Ana, I received one cable

Yes Ana, I received one cable.

According to Quick Start Guide it is a USB/Charge Cable.

I'm trying to charge via this cable.

From one side I can plug this cable to the bottom of the device from other side there is a USB port.

Do I need something more - should I connect this cable to something else(I see a kind of plastic box on it with a circular slot) ?

But I double checked carton box there was nothing more (only one cable, scanner, regulatory guide and quick start guide).

Andrzej

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Andrzej Raczkowski
I checked the cable model it

I checked the cable model it's 25-108022-03R (USB Charge Cable from MC55).

I left device connected via this cable to the outlet through an AC adaptor for a couple of hours and still I'm unable to turn on the device.

I took the battery out of the device for 30 minuts and put it again - did not help.

In regulatory information I see that for this cable I need to use 3A min I have 2.1A maybe this is the problem.

I'm going to buy 3A AC adaptor and we will see.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Javier Hernandez
I charged the device by using

I charged the device by using a MC65 cradle that I have at office. The MC67 only came in with an usb cable without external power supply (but the plug to connect it to), with that cable connected to the PC or to a 120V to USB 850mamp was not able to charge.

For my part I am good. However to end customers we will take notice that them would need to by a cradle for this situation. This behavior of full-discharge batteries not charging with device power supply has been common in other Motorola units. For some customers we had taken out the batteries from the devices placed into an external battery charger for few minutes and then put them back into the devices. Some devices seems to not be able to "wake up" dead batteries.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Hello,Just checking everyone

Hello,

Just checking everyone is able to charge the device.

Ana

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Andrzej Raczkowski
hi,I'm still not able to

hi,

I'm still not able to charge the device.

I tried several 5V USB charges (iPad, nexus, usb in car, pc) without success.

Andrzej

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Bosah Erike
Hi Andrzej,The amber light

Hi Andrzej,

The amber light should be blinking slowly ~ once every two seconds if the device is charging. If you are charging from a PC or low output charger, it will take a long time > 7 hours at least. Fastest way to charge is to use the Motorola power supply (5.4V, 3A) that plugs into the barrel connector in the cable assembly. But it is also possible to charge via PC or USB charger. The charger has to be able to boot the device to start the charger going. When you initially plug the device to aPC or charger, does the terminal turn on or attempt to boot up? It should and after it boots up, the amber light should start blinking to indicate charging state.

Bosah

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Andrzej Raczkowski
hi,unfortunately my device

hi,

unfortunately my device doesn't respond like you described, still...

I tried connecting it via USB charging cable to different PCs and laptops and the situation is always the same- when I plug it in, the amber light is blinking every 2 seconds for about 2-3 minutes and then the amber lignt stops and a green light begins to blink (and sometimes two green lights blink), and together with this green one I can see that the orange button is also blinking (maybe it's a competition to my Christmas lights ). I tried to take out the battery and still nothing. I also tried to turn it on but no luck, it doesn't even try to boot up (many, many, many times)

I found the cable pWRs-14000-249R in one of our internet stores, I think that I will just buy it to check if  the device is going to charge then. Or  maybe it is not a charging problem? is it possible that there is something wrong with something else? Do you have any ideas or advice?

I can make a short movie to show you how my device misbehaves

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Andrzej,I am shipping a power

Andrzej,

I am shipping a power supply for you today.

Will send you email with details.

Ana

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Andrzej Raczkowski
Hello Ana,I can confirm that

Hello Ana,

I can confirm that the issue was only because of charger - the device wasn't able to recharge on USB only (without power supply).

Now, after using additional power supply 5,4V 3A the device came to life and we are able to back to development.

Thank you all for support and wish you a successful day

sviete.pl  Andrzej Raczkowski

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Javier Hernandez
Same thing happen to me. Left

Same thing happen to me. Left the unit undocked all night and today it is dead. Plugged into several USB ports/chargers without any success.

We did not received any power cable for this device. I will try to plug it with the ET1 power cable, I assume it should be compatible.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Andrzej Raczkowski
Yes,after trying to charge

Yes,

after trying to charge via several chargers...still the same problem.

I tried to check the battery and it seems to be completly empty -> 0V on voltmeter.

Andrzej

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’