4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2013 10:12 AM by Bartosz Bodzon

libSystem.dylib iOS6 strlcat symbol not found

Bartosz Bodzon

Hi,

I am having an odd issue with rho on ios platform. I am using File.jon methods in ruby code. Everything works fine on iOS 7 simulator however when I am running  iOS 6 device or simulator I am getting following error:

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: ___strlcat_chk

Referenced from /Users/.../Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator6.0sdk/usr/lib/libSystem.dylin

dyld: Symbol not found: ___strlcat_chk

Referenced from /Users/..../libystem.dylib

I have managed to find out that this is caused by call to strlcat function in ruby/dir.c, static char* join_path(const char *path, int dirsep, const char *name).

I've read that dyld errors are due to improper linking however the code was entirely generated by rake buid:iphone:setup_xcode_project. I tried cleaning both xcode project and calling rake clean:iphone - did not help.

I've created a simple project just in xcode (not a rho project) to isolated strlcat function and test it against different ios versions, however I was not able to replicate the issue - this to at least to some extends removes possibility that my machine is not configured properly.

Have anyone experienced similar issues (dyld), or know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Bartosz