Are you saying your code only works on iOS? I tried virtually the same thing on WM and got the same result as you.
I have found out that the problem is in CURL , which is used in iOS. Seems
the downloaded file is at first cached somehow in memory, and then when it
finishes it writes to the temporary file. That's why the temporary file is
not growing , so fileSize will give wrong result.
We had to modify a bit curl and rhodes itself to make it working.
I hope in near future guys from rhomobile team will consider to make a
callback which returns the status of the download.
The only problem they would face is multiple download threads and how to
return the progress, but seems it's a matter of time to do all wrappers.
On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 12:15 PM, David Miller <