2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2013 11:09 AM by Nikolay Isakov

TC55 custom template not available + some issues

Hi All,

1)

I've TC55 with full package update installed. Device is 100% fresh and has nothing extra except for DPX software.

I was not able to execute custom template that was exported from Template builder.

It looks like the app cant see the SD card. The screen is empty yet the card is visible and accessible in FT mode

I'm quite confident that this is not a template issue rather than app issue anyway I've attached template origin and the template itself

2)

The app hangs the device with 70% chance when you attempt to scan for the second time and is not activating the OSD template.

3)

Accessing custom templates at server make the device reboot itself (20% chance)

4)

It there anything that can be done to support Cyrillic OCR? Most of the char set for Cyrillic looks the same yet we have some specific chars that are need to be defined.

Any ideas/comments?

• Re: TC55 custom template not available + some issues

Hi Nikolay,

Regarding your concerns:

1. Did you place your template into the templates folder on the SD Card? The app won't recognize the template unless it's inside of this folder.

2. Are you using your created template when scanning, or another template? We have identified an issue with the Template Builder related to grouping regions. For now, change your template so that there are no groups present, then try again.

3. While we know there is an issue with fetching templates on the server, we have never experienced a device reboot because of it. After the next update is provided, please try this functionality out again. If the issue persists, please let us know.

4. Unfortunately, there is no support for Cryllic OCR at this time. If there is a huge customer base that requires this feature, we will take it into consideration.

Thanks,

Lawrence

• Re: TC55 custom template not available + some issues

1. I did. There might be some issues with OS access to SD folder. I'll check the permissions.

2. Ok. Will remove groups and try plain template

3. I suggest to seek for memory leaks since this happened when I had several consecutive scans with the app and then waited till device locked. After unlock it was freezed with no app activity.

4. For instance 140m AU in RU speaking market. With Cyrillic OCR you can cover not only Russia (KZ, UA, etc) and that will be decent competitive advantage for MSI. We can suffer language validation yet it is crucial for local customers to have the solution that supports OCR with RU locale OOB. Based on my previous experience localization is the key to success. This is the thing that makes the difference.