Multiple problems with WP Build

My app runs fine on Android, Blackberry, Windows Mobile and Win32 (PC). It also builds and generates the XAP file for WP.  The XAP installs fine on Emulator and device.

However, certain wiered things are happening, some of which are :

1. The AsyncHTTP call doesn't go thru successfully. The HTTP Error returned is -1 even though the emulator/device is connected thru WiFi and the webservice which feeds the data is running.

2. Links for SMS, Telephone, Email dont work at all. Tapping on them doesnt evoke any response.

3. Cannot view the log. Tapping on View Log doesnt do anythin (So unfortunate, I cannot show the log here)

4. Reset database gives some errors

5. Seeding data from text files included with the app doesnt work.

All the above are functioning in Android, BB, WM, Win32.

Referring to the docs, I cant see anything special that needs to be done for WP, and since my app runs fine on the other platforms, I'm dumbfounded.

Where should I start to look?

Mark Nongkhlaw
I should add that trying to

I should add that trying to Exit the app gives me this error :

Y

404 Not Found.

The file /exit was not found.

In my application.rb I have code like :

@default_menu={

"Go Home" => :home,

"Refresh View" => :refresh,

"About" => "/app/Link/about",

"View Log" => :log,

"Reset Database" => "/app/Settings/reset",

"Exit" => :exit

}

Reset Database gives this error :

Server Error.

Error: can't convert Symbol into Fixnum

Any help would be appreciated.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Konstantin Rybas
Windows Phone 7 support is

Windows Phone 7 support is deprecated. You have to use rhodes 4.0 and build your app for WP8.

Links and view log feature are not implemented at all.

You can use rake tasks: device:wp8:getlog or emulator:wp8:getlog to get log. But you have to close app on emulator/device before using this rake command.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mark Nongkhlaw
Konstantin,Before I invest in

Konstantin,

Before I invest in a Windows 8 machine, I'd like to know what features are and what are not implemented for Windows 8. Nothing of that sort is being displayed in the current documentation.

Or am I missing something?

Thanks.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Konstantin Rybas
Mark, can you pls let me know

Mark, can you pls let me know what features you need?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mark Nongkhlaw
Those which I listed and

Those which I listed and which produced the errors. In addition, for immediate future projects, camera, barcode and signature capture, NFC (I suppose I'd require RhoElements licenses for these).

Just my 2 cents, but looking at the API Compatibility List, I see there are more features supported for WP7+ (not sure what + means, whether it includes 7.5 & 8),  in Rho 2.2 rather than in 4.0, and even in 2.2 API List, it looks like more features are supported in 2.0, rather than in 2.2

So, for the feature set I need, would it be better if I try out Rho 2.2 instead (I guess its still supported?)

Are there any Rho apps that have been published in the Windows Store that I can check out?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Konstantin Rybas
As i said before links and

As i said before links and view log feature are not implemented at all. Camera, signature capture, NFC are not supported as well.

Currently we now suspended WP8 development so i have no ideas when these features will be implemented. on WP7 camera, signature capture, NFC are not supported as well.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mark Nongkhlaw
Are you saying that the

Are you saying that the features listed here for WP7+ are wrong, then ? :

Rhomobile | Mobile API Compatibility

Looks like WP is not a priority anymore

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Konstantin Rybas
Yes. Wrong. Yes it has very

Yes. Wrong. Yes it has very low priority right now.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mark Nongkhlaw
Are AsyncHTTP post and get

Are AsyncHTTP post and get implemented for WP?

Kindly help to get the API Compatibility Matrix for both 2.2 and 4.0 corrected. Its annoyingly frustrating to see wrong documentation.

And a total waste of time and resources trying to make something which is not actually supported work.

This is a heads up for the documentation team (I hope they're listening) and that necessary corrections are made to the relevant portions of the docs ASAP.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Bart Fukkink
Hey guys,We are currently

Hey guys,

We are currently trying to create our application for Windows Phone 8 and we are running into the same issues that Mark here provided. Sadly tho, the camera is not working in 4.1.1, and I cannot find it in the compatibility matrix (Rhomobile | RhoMobile API Summary).

Also, after some Google work I found this post on github: RhoMobile limits in WP8 platform support are not documented · Issue #152 · rhomobile/rhomobile-docs · GitHub wich states that "support for WP8 is incomplete and not actively developed at the moment.".

Is this still the case? Because the term incomplete does not sound right to me, I would rather stick with "very limited".

Bart

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mark Nongkhlaw
Hey Bart,I'm happy that

Hey Bart,

I'm happy that Pietro raised an issue regarding this. But that was 4 months ago (before 4.1 appeared on the scene). Wonder if the issues are fixed (still waiting to get my hands on a Windows 8 PC ), but going by what you're saying, it looks not.

I specifically asked Adam Blum during the 4.1 release webinar whether Camera is supported. He replied in the negative.

For other features, you might have to resort to editing some files like I did here :

With the help of Konstantin and Albert-Rolan Timashev (https://developer.motorolasolutions.com/people/albert%40motorolasolutions.com) maybe we can get some "unsupported" or "non-working" features working.

I'm wondering how may Rhomobile apps are there in the Windows Phone Store. Because I've been experiencing problems with the generated XAP out there (Ref.)

Can't see a way of posting a poll in Launchpad....

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’