3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2013 2:56 PM by Lawrence Ng

Postal / T&L sample

Sebastien Laporte

Hi,

it's possible to have the jpg and xml file of the demo scan Postal / T&L?

By the way I try to use DPX for My Passeport and I have some difficulties to recognize all fields

I want to use the sample demo to help me and have best practices

regards,

Sébastien

Message was edited by: Lawrence Ng

• Re: Postal / T&L sample

Hi Sébastien,

What kind of difficulties are you encountering when the form is scanned?

I have provided the template for the Postal / T&L form, but I don't know how much use it will be for you. If you browse through the previous posts, you will get an idea of some good practices to follow. I will try to compile these "best practices" into a consolidated post at some point in the near future, but until then, you can browse through the other posts to get an idea.

Also, I have removed the image of your passport from your post; although it is a useful sample, we value the privacy of those working with us, especially on such a platform like Launchpad, where many users can access these posts. If you insist that we should have a look at the sample, you can contact me directly, as there is no need for so many people to have access to such sensitive information.

Regards,

Lawrence

Sebastien Laporte

Hi Lawrence,

thanks to have delete my passport picture ( It was not a good idea to upload it!! )

I have an  issue for use DPX on my passport for following reason:

1.  font quality on my passport is not good and DPX has difficulties to recognize information

2. I have no fields to identify forms ( no pictures ) and the detection by the TC55 is so hard!!

so maybe in a futur best practices documentation, it will be useful to add informations about the quality of the document, font, size, etc

regards,

Hi Sébastien,

1. If you would like to send individual regions on your passport without sensitive information, you can crop out these regions in an image editor and we can run some tests on them.

2. You can use something like a logo or perhaps your image on the passport. Perhaps even the >>>>>>> line on the bottom might work. The "identify regions" don't necessarily have to be pictures.

We will definitely take this into consideration for help documentation in the future.

Regards,

Lawrence