No warning when closing Template Editor without saving

If some changes have been made to the current template, and one closes/signs out the editor, some sort of warning box should popup.

All the applications I can think of do this.

Lawrence Ng
A warning box does pop up

A warning box does pop up when you attempt to leave the Template Builder page while creating a template.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Juan-Antonio Ma...
I am afraid I meant "when

I am afraid I meant "when editing an existing template".

Anyway, I tried what you said, creating a brand new one and then Closing or Signing out... and still I could see no warning.

I am using Chrome, just in case this has to do -yet I do not think so.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Lawrence Ng
I received this notification

I received this notification when I try to close the Template Builder page on Chrome:

Chrome Save.png

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Juan-Antonio Ma...
Of course!!! So do I!But this

Of course!!! So do I!

But this is a browser-generated generic message about leaving the page, in general.

I meant an application-generated (for instance, in JS, alert("WARNING!!"); ) specific message.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Lawrence Ng
This should serve the same

This should serve the same purpose; however, if you feel that it may be more intuitive to have an application-specific message, we will certainly put this on our list of things to look into.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Juan-Antonio Ma...
Yes, I really think this

Yes, I really think this would be a good TODO.

Actually, Template Builder already has some specific message-boxes.

For instance, when Exporting a Template, this box is displayed:

pp.jpg

That is exactly what I wanted to mean.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Lawrence Ng
Thanks for the example; we

Thanks for the example; we will look into this as an alternative to the browser message.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Juan-Antonio Ma...
Thanks!Actually, this message

Thanks!

Actually, this message does already exist! All you have to do is showing it too when closing/signing-off if changes have been made and xml has not been saved.

Just open a template, and then open a new one. This box always pops-up (BTW, despite changes have been made or not):

pp.jpg

So, you do not have to reinvent the wheel

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Lawrence Ng
It is possible this is a

It is possible this is a technical limitation, but in any case, you have provided useful information, so we will definitely take it into consideration.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Juan,The latest TB tool

Juan,

The latest TB tool provides a pop-up message saying "This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave - data you have entered may not be saved.". Hope this is sufficient indication that the latest changes wouldn't be saved.

Regarding the other issue, we'll consider changing the verbiage from "Losing data" to something more generic in order to capture both use-cases [changes made to the template and an unchanged template].

Thanks,

Anu

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’