1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 20, 2013 1:53 PM by Peter Arcuri

MC659B intermittent connection

I'm currently working with a customer who is having an intermittent connection issue at one of his locations. They are using I-PAD at other location which works fine. The site in question is only  location that they have MC659B. This Device connects to both WAN (Verizon wireless) and their WLAN (Wireless network). When they are outside of their building, they are connecting to WAN (VZW)... when they in the building, they are using WiFi. When they are connected to their wireless, the cannot access the internet. They can only access their internal Intranet. Customer have tested with I-PAD at this location and it works fine. Question is- What is the best practice or best setting for the device (MC659B) to make the best adjustment between WAN and WLAN seamlessly. Would it be best practice to use Microsoft Connection Manager API to control connection from application or what? or Can I make any adjustment under Network management? Any thoughts?

• Re: MC659B intermittent connection
          Peter Arcuri

Connection manager is known to do a poor job around switching to/from wWAN and wLAN networks. As with consumer device, when WiFi is defected it auto switches from wWAN to wLAN and then reverse when leaving WiFi range. This unfortunately doesn't always occur with WEH6.5 Connection Manager.

I hate to say this but the only real way to gain control of this is to explicitly connect to the desired network through CM APIs. You could also leverage WiFi Fusion APIs to determine the state of WiFi, i.e. in range, signal strength, etc..