4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2014 9:23 AM by Peter Arcuri

Encryption Extensions

Chris Child

Hi

I asked a question regarding database encryption a few weeks ago and was pointed to the Rho Extensions page. We require 256 bit encryption for some of our customers and using the extensions was how we could achieve this. I've run into a few small problems since then however.

With all the other Extensions shown there are examples, such as JSON, which it seems I could just add something to the build.yml and then use it via some ruby controller.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Copied from the Extensions page:

If you need to generate (not parse) JSON, add the json extension.

Add to build.yml:

extensions: ["json"]

Ruby code example:

require 'json'

json_data = ::JSON.generate(some_object)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The encryption libraries do not have these same types of examples though and are limited to only:

OpenSSL – based libraries

openssl, ezcrypto

Add to build.yml:

extensions: ["openssl.so", "openssl", "digest-sha2", "ezcrypto"] 

digest-sha2

Add to build.yml:

extensions: ["openssl.so", "openssl", "digest", "digest-sha2" ]

So how do I go about using these extension? If I've missed a page somewhere that better explains how to implement this please post it as a reply because I feel like I've searched everywhere I can.