3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2014 11:56 AM by Lars Burgess

How to write a table

Jiri Sverak

I have a problem (again). I have a category, which belongs to account. So I can select in grouptitle an account. But what if I want to write it in show? In Rails: @category.account.name

But it doesn't work in Rhomobile. This is my code: Account.find(@category.account_id).name. It's really so dumb or did I missed anything?

• Re: How to write a table
          This is my code: Account.find(@category.account_id).name.

That's a simple enough code snippet that should work as far as I can tell.  I recommend that you inspect what `@category` actually is, maybe `@category.account_id` is returning nil or empty string?  Maybe your `Account` records don't have IDs that match `@category.account_id`?

• Re: How to write a table
              Jiri Sverak

@category.account_id

I think it returns me id.

• Re: Re: How to write a table

Let's walk through this, let's say you print out `@category.account_id`:

puts "category account: #{@category.account_id.inspect}"

Then let's see if Account model has some IDs that look like it:

puts "Accounts: #{Account.find(@category.account_id).inspect}"

My guess is the @category.account_id doesn't exactly match what the IDs look like for Account model.  You could check what they look like with:

puts "Some account: #{Account.find(:all).inspect}"

And see if these accounts have IDs or `object` attributes that look like what you're searching for.