9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2014 7:06 AM by Arsalan Azeem

configuration

Arsalan Azeem

I am new in rhomobile when I run project following errors show please help me:

build started

PWD: C:\Users\Zaheer\workspace\Testapp

CMD: rake run:android:rhosimulator rho_debug_port=9000 rho_reload_app_changes=0

cd C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.0.0

rake aborted!

Invalid argument - javac -version 2>&1

C:/Users/Zaheer/workspace/Testapp/Rakefile:36:in `load'

C:/Users/Zaheer/workspace/Testapp/Rakefile:36:in `<top (required)>'

(See full trace by running task with --trace)

RET: 1

Error in build application. Build is terminated.

• Re: configuration
          Derek Warren

Have you installed the Java JDK and pointed your project to the installed directory?

Setting the JDK Path

Go to RhoStudio Preferences (Windows –> Preferences), select RhoMobile section and set the Java bin path. Set this path to JDK, such as C:\Program Files\Java\jdk<version number>\bin .

Arsalan Azeem

Yes, but now it show following error:

build started

CMD: rake run:android --trace

Cannot find your Rhodes gem or source path: C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby-1.9.3/lib/gem/gems/rhodes-4.0.0/Rakefile

If you have the sdk on your path or have installed the gem this

can be resolved by running 'set-rhodes-sdk'

You can also set this manually by modifying your build.yml or

setting the environment variable RHO_HOME

Arsalan Azeem

Again it started to giving me same errors as i described on top , i insatalled it again.

its the error

PWD: D:\RhoWorkspace\RhoMobileApplication1

CMD: rake clean:android

cd D:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.0.0

rake aborted!

D:/RhoWorkspace/RhoMobileApplication1/Rakefile:36:in `load'

D:/RhoWorkspace/RhoMobileApplication1/Rakefile:36:in `<top (required)>'

(See full trace by running task with --trace)

build started

PWD: D:\RhoWorkspace\RhoMobileApplication1

CMD: rake run:android --trace

cd D:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.0.0

rake aborted!

D:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.0.0/Rakefile:875:in ``'

D:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.0.0/Rakefile:875:in `block in <top (required)>'

D:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rake-10.0.4/lib/rake/task_manager.rb:196:in `in_namespace'

D:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rake-10.0.4/lib/rake/dsl_definition.rb:104:in `namespace'

D:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.0.0/Rakefile:462:in `<top (required)>'

D:/RhoWorkspace/RhoMobileApplication1/Rakefile:36:in `load'

D:/RhoWorkspace/RhoMobileApplication1/Rakefile:36:in `<top (required)>'

D:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rake-10.0.4/lib/rake/rake_module.rb:25:in `load'

D:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rake-10.0.4/lib/rake/rake_module.rb:25:in `load_rakefile'

D:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rake-10.0.4/lib/rake/application.rb:589:in `raw_load_rakefile'

D:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rake-10.0.4/lib/rake/application.rb:89:in `block in load_rakefile'

D:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rake-10.0.4/lib/rake/application.rb:160:in `standard_exception_handling'

D:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rake-10.0.4/lib/rake/application.rb:88:in `load_rakefile'

D:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rake-10.0.4/lib/rake/application.rb:72:in `block in run'

D:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rake-10.0.4/lib/rake/application.rb:160:in `standard_exception_handling'

D:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rake-10.0.4/lib/rake/application.rb:70:in `run'

D:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rake-10.0.4/bin/rake:33:in `<top (required)>'

D:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/bin/rake:23:in `load'

D:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/bin/rake:23:in `<main>'

its the build.yml

#sdk: "C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.0.0"

sdkversion

: "4.0.0"

name: "RhoMobileApplication1"

version: 1.0

vendor: "rhomobile"

build: "debug"

bbver

: 6.0

applog

: "rholog.txt"

iphone

:

configuration: "Release"

sdk: "iphonesimulator6.0"

provisionprofile:

codesignidentity:

entitlements:

BundleIdentifier: "com.rhomobile.rhomobileapplication1"

BundleURLScheme: "rhomobileapplication1"

wp

:

productid: "1a65c021-7569-0131-6b48-001b11c0e72e"

symbian

:

uid: "0xec2dd74c"

android:

version: "4.0.3"

emulator: "testDevice"

capabilities:

extensions:

- rhoconnect-client

capabilities:

sdk

: "D:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-4.0.0"

Now i dont know what to do with this .

Peter Arcuri

I think your ruby gems need upgrading. RMSv4.0 should be using ruby 1.9.3.

Daniel Silva

Ruby 1.9.1 is what gets installed on Windows with RhoStudio, and it works OK on my system, so I think that is OK.

I know you have re-installed RhoStudio a few times, but did you uninstall the old version first?  There can be conflicts if you have multiple installations on the same machine.  I see that you have switched from C to D drive, just wondering if there are other installations on this machine that might be causing some of your issues.

If that doesn't help, this issue seems related to the JDK install/configuration.  Can you attach your environment variables for your system?  You can go to the command line and do set  > env.txt <enter> to send them to a text file named env.txt.

And please also let us know what version of the JDK is installed on your machine and what folder it is in.  Also if you attach D:\MotorolaRhoMobileSuite4.0.0\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.9.1\gems\rhodes-4.0.0\rhobuild.yml, that may help.

Adding below some of the settings from my Windows system in case it might help.I am running a Windows 7 64 bit machine using 64 bit Java JDK 1.7.0_45.  I have the below environment variable set.

JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_45

I also have added the path to the java JDK in my path environment variable.

...;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_45\bin;...

And the top of my rhobuild.yml looks like this.. (this is what gets set when you set the preferences up in rhostudio/eclipse)

env:

paths:

nsis: "C:/Program Files (x86)/NSIS/makensis.exe"

java: "C:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.7.0_45/bin"